• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyna4980

Reaction score
Got this from the wife for our first anniversary. Love Hamilton watches. Getting a vintage Khaki to go with it here in a couple weeks.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I travel with my Speedy Pro. If it could serve an astronaut well travelling to the moon, it is certainly more than adequate to serve my needs! I also don't mind banging it up a bit.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I travel with my Speedy Pro. If it could serve an astronaut well travelling to the moon, it is certainly more than adequate to serve my needs! I also don't mind banging it up a bit.
This. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, buffs out of the hesalite.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Sensa pen, which uses a Fisher Space Pen refill along with my Explorer 2 and some accessories. Actually, everything in this photo, other than the pen was given to me as a gift at some point.

rodneywunderbar

Reaction score
I like those Khaki Autos. That's a lotta watch for $400. With that said, mine died after swimming for a few moments. Crystal fogged up and then it grinded to a halt. I think it's barely water resistant.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Case Bowie!
Thanks Hayward, my Dad got me that for my birthday or some other occasion years ago (he frequently came back from trips with knives).

BTW, those are some nice knives you have with what appear to be Damascus steel blades? Some how I've accumulated a bunch of knives over the years but nothing too fancy. I think my nicest knife is a simple folding lock blade from Bill King that again my Dad gave me.

Dachshund

Reaction score
As promised, here's the trifecta

Vintage Rolex Date (c 1974)
Cartier Ebony Dandy fountain pen
Laguiole pocket knife

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is no frills offloading some of his collection? Or is this just an opportunity for him to get more?

"Join us in the New York galleries from 7 - 9 June for this exhibition offering a remarkable selection of wristwatches by Patek Phillip from a visionary private collection, featuring a ground-breaking group of pieces commissioned in titanium. Leading the group is a Patek Philippe Ref. 5001 in Titanium, a magnificent, unique and previously unknown double dialed wristwatch with twelve complications estimated for $1-1.5 million"

Patek Watches at Sotheby's

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As promised, here's the trifecta

Vintage Rolex Date (c 1974)
Cartier Ebony Dandy fountain pen
Laguiole pocket knife

Very nice watch and accessories. I don't have any pocket knives from Laguiole, but we have steak knives from them.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Thank you, Dino. If you find yourself in France you can pick up one of those pocket knives for a very reasonable price at one of those little knife shops that all small French towns seem to have. I bought mine on a whim with absolutely no idea what use I would have for it, just because the wood it is made from is so nice and tactile.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few pens, not many. Mostly Mont Blanc and a couple of Watermans.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is no frills offloading some of his collection? Or is this just an opportunity for him to get more?

"Join us in the New York galleries from 7 - 9 June for this exhibition offering a remarkable selection of wristwatches by Patek Phillip from a visionary private collection, featuring a ground-breaking group of pieces commissioned in titanium. Leading the group is a Patek Philippe Ref. 5001 in Titanium, a magnificent, unique and previously unknown double dialed wristwatch with twelve complications estimated for $1-1.5 million"

Patek Watches at Sotheby's

Hahaha I've seen this stuff in person! The titanium pieces are unique, and I can only wonder what conversations needed to happen with the Stern family before these unique pieces were made. And now they are being sold...

But I kind of like my precious metals better.

za7atuva.jpg

yhevegem.jpg

(Cheaper than $1-$1.5 million too)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Dino. If you find yourself in France you can pick up one of those pocket knives for a very reasonable price at one of those little knife shops that all small French towns seem to have. I bought mine on a whim with absolutely no idea what use I would have for it, just because the wood it is made from is so nice and tactile.
Thanks Dachshund. That would be a nice little souvenir from a trip to France, so I will keep that in mind. Its been many years since Mrs. Dino and I have been to France, but we hope to go again at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads