1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

The Co-Axial movement itself is great, but I don't care for the 2 dial speedy. To be honest the only Omega that interests me is a Speedy Pro. While there have been some changes over the years, the Speedy Pro its a model that has remained true to itself. Omega makes a good product, but they don't make anything else that I'd truly want to own at this point...other than maybe a few vintage pieces like a Flightmaster (sort of a funky 70s design...very dated, but cool).

As stated above the Speedy Pro is the only current model that I'd add to my collection.

[​IMG] [​IMG]Exactly !!!! No actually, I'm holding out for the 51st &1/2 Anniversary edition!
    [​IMG] Yes, in the future I'll try not to hold back with my opinion [​IMG].

The Broad Arrow was a nice watch, and you are right prices were very good on them at one point. But again, for me it would have to be a Speedy Pro.

I probably go to Boston maybe every 6-8 weeks, so I've been to EWC and Paul Duggan several times and its always fun to look around. I actually, sold my Explorer to EWC a few years ago.
    I've probably gone to EWC more often because its a more convenient location relative to other shopping destinations. EWC is good for window shopping, but they rarely have anything in meticulous enough condition that I would make a purchase (I'm a bit insane about condition). Regarding Paul Duggan, they'd probably have to have something that I specifically want to see if I am going to head to the downtown crossing area (although they do have nice merchandise).

Wishing you luck and fun with the BLNR...be careful...after you try it on, it might be tougher than you think to take off of your wrist.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

I always applauded Omega for keeping the Speedy Pro 3570.50.00 in their line-up along side all their other interpretations, as (like Dino) it's the only one I would consider, and I very much liked the idea that when and if I got around to it, it would be there.

So naturally they went and fucked that up :plain:

1 person likes this.
  3. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Liking this... 20k for white gold version.

Excellent implementation of roman numerals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics from web

3 people like this.
  4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

How so? What has changed on the Speedmaster Pro?

5. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I went to the Omega Boutique today in Aventura (Miami) to check out the Speedy Pro and 300 Master Coaxial in person. IMHO, both these watches look completely different in the metal than online. The Moonwatch is much more elegant in person, as you can see the depth and detail of the dial, but for some reason the design doesn't "do it" for me on a completely personal level. The steel on steel 300 Master (which I ended up liking more) is admittedly more flashy, but also in a subdued fashion.

6. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

You can still get the same watch but to justify a major price hike Omega is now only offering it with a bigger box and some extras. Fine enough as an option I guess, but it has replaced the pretty good deal the 3570 used to be.

1 person likes this.
  7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

From earlier.

3 people like this.
  8. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

9. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

That doesn't look like a link to the 311.30.42.30.01.005?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  10. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Ah ok. I thought we were talking about the NEW new Speedy.

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yep. In a cynical marketing-and-profit-driven move, Omega changed the bracelet construction (screws instead of pins) and gave it a bigger box, and increased the price by $600 or $700. They also changed the model number - instead of the 3570.50.00 as it's been for donkey's years, it's now the 311.30.42.30.something or other...

No, Omega still offer the three-register chrono with manual-wind movement.

12. Dachshund

Dachshund Senior member

Ha! I think all Speedys have the 'cock and balls' logo at 12. Maybe there's some nasa history to that?

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Love, LOVE, L*O*V*E the Snoopy! I do hope I get the opportunity to see one in person. Speaking of which, I did finally get to try on the new-ish Seamaster 300 in person and thought it an absolute winner.

14. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

I believe that "twig and berries" is the preferred horological parlance.

[​IMG]

As a sucker for blued hands, I like that Moser.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Brick? You talkin' BRICK? This'll PUMP YOU UP!

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    5 people like this.
  17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

your hands are mesmerizing

1 person likes this.
  18. no frills

no frills Senior member

+1 - love the new Snoopy Speedmaster too! Might even be my first Omega... Live shots of a few Rolexes and Pateks from friends in Basel: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Also, this one... [​IMG] [​IMG] But what about this Schwarzenegger Legend line, a mere 52mm large, with case and hands evoking barbells? BOOM! [​IMG] No? What about the new DD40 in platinum? [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Surely, this is a common problem among WIS, so I thought I'd ask here.

How do you go about choosing your next purchase?

I have the money gathered and I'm about to purchase my next one. Thing is, I can't make a choice. Everytime I'm about to hit the "Add to cart" button, I'm hesitant.

I have about 30 watches in my "wish list", from divers to pilot, and dressy to sporty. And my mind chances everyday, which leads me to never actually buying a damn watch.

#firstworldproblem.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  20. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

List your wish list and I'll choose for you. No charge.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.