• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats Nuke. I think the new SD would be a fantastic way to celebrate. Hey you only pass the Texas bar once, right?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome, Congratulations!

Many congratulations Newc :slayer:

Congrats Nuke!

Thanks a lot guys!

Congrats on passing the Texas Bar.  ....I always thought it was amusing that they called an all gold Rolex a Texas Timex.  I'm guessing you also know they used to refer to two tone Rolex watches as "Half a Rolex?"  I don't think I've ever heard them give a nickname to a ss Rolex.  Anyway, congrats on passing the TX Bar.

Really? I have never heard that actually! Half a Rolex, that is pretty darn humorous. You know, in my short time visiting Texas, I have quickly learned that there is a whole bunch of dinero in these parts. And, even more so--there are a lot of people with a lot of money who wait for their royalty checks. It is very odd!

Congratulations Nuke!!!

Ugly Patek! Ugly watch! Hulk SMASH!

Did you pick up a Hulk Frills!! And that Patek is something awful.

Thanks bud!

congrats Nuke. I think the new SD would be a fantastic way to celebrate. Hey you only pass the Texas bar once, right?

I hope this is my last bar passage to celebrate for a while. I think it would be a good way to celebrate as well!

Thanks for the kind words.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As I am (thank goodness) officially a Texas lawyer (bar results came back), I have kind of got the itch for a Texas Timex. Well, the stainless steel variation.

Congratulations, and welcome! :) You definitely should get something to commemorate your success through that dreadful experience.

14101421463_cc048c84ed.jpg

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nuke - the wife is choosing between the LV and LN for her Mother's Day gift. Trying both now (dealer trusts me not to scratch stuff up hahah).

She really loves my SubC ND but really wants a date function. And she doesn't mind (and even appreciates) the Rolex cyclops. Given her use habits having a ceramic bezel insert will also come in handy. So it's either the LV or LN for her.

Which do you guys think she should get? The one on top doesn't count - she has too much unfettered access to that one already.

sazutyzy.jpg

On a somewhat more self-interested note, this MAY prevent her from sequestering my SD4000 when I get one later this month. Ahahaha!

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote the Black. :) Truly goes with everything, and I love the look of a rugged, iconic piece on a femine wrist.

12258124663_41f8c793f2.jpg

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I mean, if she doesn't want the LV I'm sure I can think of other uses...

hupy7ure.jpg

Winot

Reaction score

If price is an issue you could look at the JLC Dual Time. You can't go wrong with a Lange, and even though I like their dual time, it would not be the first Lange on my list.

Do you mean the JLC Squadra Hometime? I like the look of it but it's almost 15mm thick (the Lange is a shade under 10mm) and feels very clunky on the wrist.

Winot

Reaction score

I haven't tried one on in person, but the quality is top notch.  My only issue with it, is a small detail.  I'm not in love the with seconds hand being so large that it takes up most of the bottom have of the dial from the 6 position to the hands.  I wish it were a tad smaller, more like the size of the second timezone hand.  Or if one subdial was going to be larger, I'd have preferred the second timezone subdial to be at the bottom and be larger, since that is the one that I would need to look at to get information at a glance.  The subdial for seconds is less important at a glance, so I'd have preferred it be the smaller dial at the 12 position.  That's my only issue with the watch, and as mentioned, that's a model I haven't tried on.  However, they make a top quality product and if you love it then go for it!

Yes, you've got a point about the size of the seconds hand dial. But if I am going to get a dual time zone watch then I cannot find one which I like better than the Lange. As I say, it's just the price that is slowing me down, both the outlay and the prospect of having something on my wrist worth more than my car. I'm sure I'll get over it though!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Do you mean the JLC Squadra Hometime? I like the look of it but it's almost 15mm thick (the Lange is a shade under 10mm) and feels very clunky on the wrist.

No, I mean the Master Hometime, part of the Master collection. 40mm in diameter, 11.7mm in thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads