• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foley

Reaction score
Thanks RogerP.
When I got the Daytona I switched the Hour Vision to the strap to be a bit dressier.
But on the bracelet I think it is a bit more versatile.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lunch earlier today.

tuvebusy.jpg

Looks like a pretty expensive meal.

clb89

Reaction score
Pam and IWC dwarfing the Patek lol

Pssst RogerP greetings from fellow WUS and RFD and now SF member

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After an issue with the timekeeping accuracy on the watch I ordered, I'm now getting this Rolex instead, which is now on its way to me (not my pics below, I just used these as it's the best pic of the watch I could find):

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like the new Nautilus travel time chrono. Never really been interested in any of the complications over the classic 5711, but this one rocks my socks.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right. And they get credit for the square movement (yes?). A little gaudy but there is certainly some effort. Details, please?
Hi Dopey,

Yes, I'd give them credit for a rectangular/square movement. As Stitchy said, they are made in house, and it provides the owners with movements that are exclusive to those model. Square or rectangular movements are rarely used, even by high end manufactures (often when making a square/rectangular watch, they just use a very small round movement and close the case back). AL&S might be one of the few top brands that has not done that. Its generally very costly for a company to develop and make square/rectangular movements as they can't use them in round cases, so they lose out on economies of scale, which make it a less attractive idea to most companies. Sadly, the decoration on the Cellini Prince watches rather garish and there isn't much of a market for these watches. While I would not have chosen one over something from AL&S, VC, or Piaget ...the Princes could have been made more appealing of the finish on the movements was more traditional, and less outlandish.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After an issue with the timekeeping accuracy on the watch I ordered, I'm now getting this Rolex instead, which is now on its way to me (not my pics below, I just used these as it's the best pic of the watch I could find):

Congrats! Looks great! Wow, that's very old school if it has the folded link Oyster bracelet. Hope you enjoy it.
cheers.gif

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pam and IWC dwarfing the Patek lol

Pssst RogerP greetings from fellow WUS and RFD and now SF member

Cheers!

Very nice. Accuracy has been a Rolex strength pretty much forever. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads