1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just sharing my experience. I actually asked just for the simple blue OP that one other AD didn't have and they said they can order but not sure when it would arrive. Could be a week or a 2-3 months. 3 other ADs has the same watch so I don't think unpredictability of Rolex arrival is exclusive to in demand watches only.

How long ago was it shipped? It does seem weird that it kind of just floats around in a postal wormhole not knowing where and when it would arrive if they know when it was shipped.

Not trying to make you nervous or anything, just curious. :D

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You are just saying the same thing you've already said before.

It really isn't even a phenomenon, being active in a handful of watch forums tells me the date is very important to plenty. In a day and age of smartphones that has practically made watches irrelevant, many just use the watch for quick glances at times and dates. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it as an update on remade classics and I feel it ruins it.

So yeah I will blame Longines for such a decision to ruin a classic in exchange for sales.

3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Thanks. I really hope this is not the case with my watch but I do appreciate the info in any event! There's actually not a whole lot of discussion on this process in any of the watch forums.

It was shipped sometime between 10/28 and 10/31. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't done some independent research on this, but apparently, while registered mail is the most secure method of shipping high-dollar items (under lock and key and signed for at every point of transfer), it does not have any tracking mechanism.

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:You are just saying the same thing you've already said before. ;-)

1 person likes this.
  5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Oh ok, it wasn't shipped too long ago so I think you're still good. Most delivery times do not include weekends either so if it shipped on the 31st then it's only been 1-2 days.

I think everyone's been anticipating it along with you that felt much longer than it actually is. :lol:

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ Cheers bud.

1 person likes this.
  8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Glad you guys are still friends!

9. Viral

Viral Senior member

TC...........did you order the BLNR??

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

TC, if it makes you feel any better, I ordered a redux of the Graves watch, but I specified that it be pared down and made small enough to fit into a 40mm watch case, no thicker than 12mm. However, it must include all the same complications, and I asked for a few more personalizations. Bridges with my initials, different sky chart, you know, simple stuff like that.

I expect a 10-20 year wait or so. When you think about it that way, maybe your wait will feel less painful.

12. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

[​IMG] Exactly! Hope you are enjoying it very soon!
    I wouldn't worry about it. Waiting sucks, but you will have it soon enough. The last time I ordered a Rolex (my wife wanted rose gold and steel on an oyster bracelet, with a fluted bezel and specific dial) our favorite AD did not have it in stock in any of his stores (they had 4 shops). He said it would take 8-10 weeks to order and it arrived in about 5 or 6 weeks IIRC. Other watches that were "Hard to get" (out of production, limited edition) from VC, they had in their vault in the US, shipped it to the same AD, I had the watch in less than a week. In the end once you have it you will forget all about the wait. Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  13. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

EDIT: Sorry, this post showed up way out of sequence.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  14. mimo

mimo Senior member

At which point, Belligero will tell you why the font sucks on the odd numbers only on the leap year counter, and you'll fall on your springbar tool for shame.

1 person likes this.
  15. TC (Houston)

Nope. Lots of clues in the last couple of pages . . .

LOL awesome.

Thanks, my friend. It does suck, but as you note, it's not like I need it now, I just want it now.

LOL awesomer.

16. in stitches

Nope. I had them adjust all the fonts for optimal like-ability by all persons.

:cheers:

17. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

That Graves update must have cost you at least $119.95
    Amazing you would have spent that much.

1 person likes this.
  18. in stitches

Gotta do something when I save a few pennies.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  20. TC (Houston)

^^ Love it more and more every time I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.