1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no frills

no frills Senior member

^^^ Oh, but he said FAKES. So I guess every watch I posted is fake, not just the new DSSD.

Here's another shot of those three fakes, side by side:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. no frills

no frills Senior member

tifosi I am trembling with fear as he might call @fakewatchbusta and @rolex_enforcer on me on Instagram!

1 person likes this.
  3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I am fairly certain this is spam.

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

But... But...

The watch is "Hancrafted."

1 person likes this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Beckwith. Please tell me you were joking.

6. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

At least I wasn't trolling about wearing one with a suit. Of course I was joking, I have commented before many pages ago on No Frills exceptional collection.

1 person likes this.
  7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Jokes are welcome around here!

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I think...wait...umm...yep. I'm offended.

1 person likes this.
  9. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

I guess next time I should start with three guys walk into a bar... no offense meant

1 person likes this.
  10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

TWATers grabbing their Rolex Pitchforks on anyone these days. At least save it for that guy who keeps posting his Patek's from Chinatown all the time....we ain't got time for fakes!

I keed I keed

1 person likes this.
  11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Lol Beckwith. You have provided awesome lawlz today in our TWAT.

12. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

nvm, forgot to refresh the page

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  13. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Gotta admit that was kinda funny.

14. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

I've been trying to avoid this thread - every time I visit it seems I add a couple of watches to my bucket list of watches to own which only ever gets longer and longer - and today's visit is no different. Drooling over that (purportedly fake) DSSD. That dial is :inlove: :inlove:

15. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Has anyone here gone through the Rolex v Tudor selection process?

I'm thinking of getting a Tudor Pelagos. I would probably prefer a Rolex Sub, all things considered, but I can't imagine ever getting to a stage where I'd be willing to pay double for the Rolex (given I like the Pelagos), given it'll be a second watch.

16. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

If you prefer the Sub, chances are you'll always want the Sub no matter what you get since you only like the Pelagos. I would recommend getting the Sub if you can swing it.

4 people like this.
  17. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Can I recommend the Heritage Black Bay? Sub lookwith Tudor pricing. I have the 2012(?) red version but the new blue one is pretty sweet too.

18. mimo

mimo Senior member

I've thought about this a lot, and what makes the difference for me is how they feel. I'm still unable to buy either and still vacillating on what I'll do when I have just enough for a Pelagos or Black Bay, but logic is telling me to hold out for the Sub. Kind of. Firstly, the Pelagos is more expensive than the Black Bay, so the differentiation is less, and unless you just want the larger case size (and, I would say, slightly better case and bracelet proportions), I think the Sub is worth waiting for. When you put both on the wrist, they just feel so different. The Sub is heavier, sharper, and for me just sits there and tells me its quality with quiet confidence. I really liked the Pelagos to look at, but putting it back on the wrist after the Sub, it suddenly feels a little like a puffed up imitation.

The Black Bay is more of a contender for me, in that it also looks distinctly different. The burgundy bezel on a strap is a very different watch and appealing in a very non-Sub way. And the blue one on a bracelet, actually either on a bracelet, is also just a great looking and individual sports watch. And half the price of the Sub, so more accessible. But when it comes down to it, I don't think having a Black Bay would make me want the Sub less. So unless the budget is really going to cover a lot of watch purchases, I think maybe holding out for the "real thing" is the way to go. I bet I end up with a Black Bay now. Or two. No, that would be silly. Would it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/unhelpful reply

2 people like this.
  19. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Thanks, will consider - I like both. Am considering the Explorer II, does anyone have experience with that? The white one looks good and pricing is a bit more on point than the Sub.

The slight preference for the Sub is more down to the brand name and long-term value than anything else, but given the Pelagos is at USD3000 or so for a fresh 2nd hand sample and the Sub runs to about USD5500-6000...

20. mimo

mimo Senior member

I guess what I could have said more briefly is that there's no right answer IMHO. The only one I could possibly exclude is the Pelagos, as it's so similar in concept to the Sub and a touch more expensive than the other Tudors. But even then, it has its design pluses in its own right.

As for the GMTII, there's plenty of love for it here. The white one is a bit less fashionable, though personally I like it, and the plus side of that is it tends to be easier to find with a little discount, or mint used at a reasonable price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.