• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guess who was in town for a few days? Yep, met up with none other than Dino944 for lunch earlier today. Among other things, we talked watches (surprise!). AP on him and PP on me today.

y2e6u2yd.jpg

Happened to pass by the VC boutique where we checked out this lovely 47292 perpetual calendar chronograph in rose gold (here shown on Dino's wrist)

Sadly I needed to make my exit before 2pm. I have no clue as to whether Dino picked this up, but he can weigh in for himself...

Meeting up with Frills was a blast! There is so much to chat about when SFers meet up. Frills brought one of my favorites from his collection, the 5040 (Such a bold, unexpected twist to see a tonneau cased watch from Patek). Overall a great afternoon, even though the VC perpetual calendar chrono didn't leave the boutique on my wrist. I love the engraved Moonphase its amazing. A big thanks to Frills for taking time out of his busy day to meet up for lunch and to visit the VC boutique!

So THAT'S where all the cool people are today!

*jealous*

Beautiful Vacheron.

It was a great afternoon chatting watches with Frills...and that VC was unreal. A bit larger than I thought it was at 43mm, but it wore a bit smaller with its curved lugs. Definitely a piece that has to be seen I person to truly experience its beauty!

And one day I must also meet you gentlemen for tea in New York.  But you have to promise to wear the 3970p.  And a hat.  Dino's fine with the perfect RO.  You can tell him. 

Thanks, Mimo... I'll be sure to bring the RO Jumbo !

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy moly i totally misread frills post. Did not realize that an epic TWAT meetup has occured.

Thats awesome. Nice to hear you guys had a blast.

Next time maybe ms upton will join you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tis a beaut. Solid caseback indeed.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:nodding:

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
That some of you dudes wear watches that are worth (or at least, that cost...) $5K-$150K would explain why you hide your faces in the WAYWRN and other threads.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That some of you dudes wear watches that are worth (or at least, that cost...) $5K-$150K would explain why you hide your faces in the WAYWRN and other threads. 

posters don't show faces for anonymity and security... it's a personal choice. what does the price of the timepiece they wear have to do with anything related to that?

previous VC and PAM are sooo nice!! :nodding:

Last edited:

FUMAO

Reaction score
Below is a photo of my Tank XL which has a more rounded surface for the case and lugs and the cross bars are barely visible.

Beautiful watch - can I ask what the model number is? I am looking for a new dress watch.

Closest I got was a Calibre de Cartier which I sold a few month back as I just never got much wear as this is on my wrist most days...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Nice watch, Gambit - deserves a better picture! Platinum Lange 1? Sweet.

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Can anyone educate me on the quality of mid tier Seiko watches between the grand Seiko and Seiko 5 range? Pics to illustrate too will be nice. :) Thanks!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
That some of you dudes wear watches that are worth (or at least, that cost...) $5K-$150K would explain why you hide your faces in the WAYWRN and other threads.

Never mind. If you hang around the subway sooner or later someone with a 5k plus watch is bound to walk past. If you read this thread enough, you'll know who to mug.

Can anyone educate me on the quality of mid tier Seiko watches between the grand Seiko and Seiko 5 range? Pics to illustrate too will be nice. :) Thanks!

I don't know what "mid tier" means as that's a big gap right there. Maybe a more fun game is for you to name a price and style preference, and the Wizards of TWAT to give you their recommendations.

Ecstasy

Reaction score

Never mind.  If you hang around the subway sooner or later someone with a 5k plus watch is bound to walk past.  If you read this thread enough, you'll know who to mug.

I don't know what "mid tier" means as that's a big gap right there.  Maybe a more fun game is for you to name a price and style preference, and the Wizards of TWAT to give you their recommendations.

I don't have a price in mind for Seiko watches. Having said that, I'm looking for value more than anything else. Just looking for those with metal strap with a minimalistic analog dial face. This may be a strange reference, but I'm looking for something that looks like a Skagen watch but of Seiko durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads