1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Beautiful ! Congrats and enjoy!

Love the GP cushion shaped chrono!

Very nice Ex2 ! I really like the black dial version.

Love the dark dial on your vintage Seamaster!

Wow, some great watches gents. Hope you are enjoying them. Its a rather drab rainy day here, so I'll share a photo from this past weekend when I was enjoying sunshine and seafood at an outdoor seaside cafe with Mrs. Dino.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Dat Tank :drool:

Such a beautiful watch.

3. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Thanks for the comments and compliments, guys! There is a nice black 37mm RDM on the used market right now for a pretty good price. 37-39mm is the perfect case size to me - I think it's where Frederique Constant really dropped the ball when making their own Slimline Moonphase - the MUT Moon 39 is just a cut above.

I try and avert my eyes when someone mentions Lange - can't afford to fall in love ;)

Cool Seamaster. Vintage omegas have always been on my shortlist. Shoutout to the hairless asian arms #HAArmy

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Today
    [​IMG]

Dino, that's from the CPCP collection right? Let's see the back!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Hi MZH, very nice Tank Basculante! A friend of mine has one and loves it. Yes, mine is the Tank XL from the CPCP collection. As you may recall, this has a rather unusual rectangular movement, which was a big selling point for me on this piece. Please excuse my rather amateurish photo skills. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Boy that is a stunner. Such a shame they did away with the CPCP stuff, it was a big selling point on Cartier IMO.

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

buy this now. best option you have presented so far. much better than the glycine.
    beautiful.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

I want this watch so hard.

New Seadweller is awesome too, but I've had a watch-crush on the modern Freccione ever since the crown released it.

9. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

Goddamn you guys and your tanks.

I want one of those too.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

1 person likes this.
  10. forex

forex Senior member

The new explorers are nice although it takes time getting used to the cartoonishly big hands, I'm thinking to pick up the polar one soon.
    On a different note, I got my DSSD and have been wearing it for two days now. It did take me a full day to get used to the heft and thickness, I think I am still getting used to the weight but it is a very nice watch and I enjoy looking at it throughout the day!

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

This is gorgeous. No need to spoiler.

12. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thank you. I agree 100%. Actually, I have a few friends who specifically collect Cartier's CPCP products and have no interest in their current fine watchmaking collection. I really miss their CPCP watches, and may try to acquire a few more pieces in the future.

[​IMG] Give in to temptation! Add a Tank to your collection. Sorry couldn't resist a bit of enabling [​IMG]

13. mimo

mimo Senior member

Certainly feels indestructible, and finds itself on my wrist for all sorts of non-beach occasions that I didn't expect. But for $1000, I'd maybe for the Stowa Prodiver (which I almost did, until I got the Monster while I was waiting then figured it was all the dive watch I need for now).

Unfortunately, Dino doesn't like it, so you'd be facing TWAT excommunication. Is it this or the FPJ? Seem you have a blue fixation going on. I sympathise entirely.

14. ridethecliche

I love my monster that is orange.

15. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Saw the Journe last night at the NOMOS event. It really is a stunning watch. The dial is just fantastic.

16. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Thanks guys. The Seiko Monster seems like a decent enough option. Any thought on that compared to the Citizen Promaster Diver?

17. ridethecliche

The quartz on the monster scratches pretty easily though :/

18. mimo

mimo Senior member

Mine hasn't yet, but then at $200 part of the joy is not worrying about it too much.

BH, the Monster is a big, heavy mechanical watch that feels like it's made from old tank parts and with a surprisingly attractive bracelet. I don't know anything about the other one.

19. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thanks Nuke! [​IMG]

I like that Lange a lot. Not sure if I think its worth what they go for, but I like that one. So, no danger of excommunication for Nuke, hell I'm sure I could make an exception to excommunication for Nuke, just cause he's Nuke...even if he gets an FPJ. As for FPJ, I liked the looks of their simpler model, but I wouldn't buy one. For that kind of money there a several other watches I'd prefer...but that's just my 2 cents.

20. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Dino dislikes that Lange? Meine Gute!

Well, for what it is worth, even though I greatly respect your opinion Mimo, I still do wear jeans :slayer:.

I think I would make a similar type of exception for that Lange :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.