Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Nice to see it getting some wrist time, as a quasi-dress watch. Looks great.
    Hi Omega,

No, they only make it with the date between 4 and 5. So if someone gives it to you as a gift and you find the date window position terribly offensive, feel free to tell him/her to give it to me instead! [​IMG]

2. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

Agree, and here's a wristie of my Stowa Marine Original to back it up:

[​IMG]

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Omega Male - that watch is great. i really hope to own an AP RO some day. frilly - :slayer:
    i have oogled that watch a great many times. fantastic. i know dno hates annuals, but i think he is off mark on this one. :hide:
    the gold and brown contrast between case and strap is magnificent. -- coxaca - a thought id like to share. im not sure what your intent is with your photo bomb posts, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are trying to spark conversation, not just post random watch pics for no real reason. if that is the case, id like to recommend the following. 1. post one watch at a time, and maybe add a few extra detail pics in a spoiler. 2. add some text to the post regarding why you are posting the watch. what intrigues you about it, what questions you may have about it, an interesting history.... anything at all that adds interest to you. if you do that, i think you will have a much better chance at creating conversation.

4. no frills

no frills Senior member

+1. I support this recommendation.

5. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I just figure my wrist will grow by the time I can afford it.

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

:fistbump: :slayer:

I am glad to get your support on it! I think that is might be a good look! I think something a little more casual would do wonders for the watch. I will have to think a little more about it before really committing to it. This time I may try ABP instead of CF!

Thankfully, the black strap on my MUT is finally breaking in. This thing is about as solid as it gets! Still squeaks a bit though.

7. papa kot

papa kot Senior member

If you buy it directly from Nomos, you can try the watch on in a matter of days and their return policy is quite generous.

8. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

You know, I could probably just about learn to live with it.

[​IMG]

9. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

Regarding the Royal Oak Chrono: The one really ROCs my world is the old rose gold model on a strap (26022OR). It's just heavenly. Flashy, a bit over the top, but still way within good taste (unlike most ROO). I've tried on several ROCs, but like the 15300 I used to own, the bracelet, although cool as hell, is just too rigid. On a strap however!

I could seriously trade a bunch of watches for this one :slayer:

It has to be the older dial with the square indeces though! The newer ones are missing something, not sure what ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

10. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Yes, love this..

11. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I think the navy with royal blue will be stunning and really give the watch a sporty character.

There are actually a lot of differences on the dial besides the shape of the lum/hour markers. On the old one the subdials look a tad more recessed, the hands for the subdials and sweep seconds hand are black (rather than rose gold), and all the markings within the subdials are different than on the new one.

Personally, I can see liking the old in rose more than the new, although I like the new steel RO chronos more than the old. I know you would go with it on a strap as you have had comfort issues with the RO bracelet, but I couldn't do it. Luckily I've never had a bracelet comfort issue with the RO, it may also be because they changed the clasp (on new models...I know some people complained about the fit of the old butterfly on the 15300). Anyway, I just could never go with a RO or Nautilus on a strap. I just feel like its incomplete. They were each designed to be on bracelets and I couldn't consider one without...but I do understand your comfort issue. Definitely a great watch.

12. in stitches

lol, sure buddy.

--

NS - that is indeed a pretty watch. i do agree with dino that id prefer it on a bracelet, but something like that could defo be my 2nd RO.

13. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

I understand the love :)

[​IMG]

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I cannot remember if this has been posted before, but I think that the following watch is a prime example of all that can be great with VC:

[​IMG]

What character! It is such a quirky little watch, and one that really illustrates why I think it is worth taking risks. I also think it is a prime example of what a huge difference a beautifully crafted case can make to a watch. I think that I usually focus on the dial and movement, but it is often the case that makes the biggest impression!

15. in stitches

^^ another watch i have ogled late into the night. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.