• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thought I would share one of mine here. Always gets a few stares and compliments.
Here's another compliment, that's a very nice watch! Particularly like it on the brown strap.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't blame anyone for complimenting such a lovely watch! Wear it in good health, more pictures are always appreciated!

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Cartier is trippy. I'd look down on a hot day and wonder if I'm melting.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Piaget. Just the best skeleton in my opinion.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 kinda like the yellow gold version a little better...as long as we're dreaming.

And Frilly I have no idea what G-Shock she's wearing, but I don't think anyone has ever smirked a better smirk than that young lady is smirking in the pic that you posted
satisfied.gif

Need an update, stat!

I haven't succeeded in obtaining pictures of lovely subdials from my friend, or at least ones that won't potentially get me banned from SF. However, here is a somewhat TWAT-related shot of my friend wearing a Panerai during a photoshoot.

Not quite subdials, but here's a "caseback" shot. No, not quite a display back. Down, boys.

Thought I would share one of mine here. Always gets a few stares and compliments.

JLC for the win, Fiddler! Beautiful!

Fiddler

Reaction score
Here's another compliment, that's a very nice watch! Particularly like it on the brown strap.

I can't blame anyone for complimenting such a lovely watch! Wear it in good health, more pictures are always appreciated!

Super nice JLC Fiddler!

Thanks gents....I think the JLC Master Calendar goes equally well with casual as well as formal dress....very versatile. I very rarely wear my IWC FliegerChrono now....maybe I should break it out for a pic one of these days.

Cylon

Reaction score
I too am enjoying this watch on a brown strap, and I am jealous of its versatility. I need to figure out how to make the MUT Moon more versatile!!!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just going to go out there and say it. That is about THE MOST lovely tourbillon watch I have ever seen. And a 14 day power reserve for a watch with a tourby? Holy balls. The watch has personality as well, which I admire.

I would do bad things for one of those. That price is pretty ridonculous as well.

I really enjoy the asymmetry of the dial.

I like this version, very tasty.
The platinum version is nice, but I agree and think I prefer the gold. I like the warmth the gold adds to this fine time piece. I find the platinum version a bit too sterile, but if someone gifted it to me...I wouldn't kick it to the curb!

Very nice!
I like the Piaget. Just the best skeleton in my opinion.
Spot on again Nuke!
fistbump.gif
Their skeleton is just amazing!
That Cartier is trippy. I'd look down on a hot day and wonder if I'm melting.
I really like that Cartier. If it were available as a men's watch without diamonds I would be very tempted to get one. The one in the photos is actually a ladies watch. However, they did make a men's watch called "The Crash." It looks like its melting. The legend behind it's inspiration was back in the late 1960s a Cartier London executive had a Bangnoire (an elongated oval shaped Cartier watch) when he was in a fatal auto accident. The car caught on fire and its melted remains inspired The Crash watch, which resembles the watches melting in the Dali painting. Today they are small by men's current watch standards, but very collectible because they were only ever made in very small batches often for special occasions (opening a new boutique in a famous city).
I haven't succeeded in obtaining pictures of lovely subdials from my friend, or at least ones that won't potentially get me banned from SF. However, here is a somewhat TWAT-related shot of my friend wearing a Panerai during a photoshoot.

Not quite subdials, but here's a "caseback" shot. No, not quite a display back. Down, boys.

Nice time "Pieces."

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have found myself mooning over the latest APRO chronos recently. Other than the treatment of the date function, can't come up with much to dislike. Maybe the crown's also a little big? The dial is just stupendous up close, though. I could stare at the various textures for hours. I would stare at the various textures for hours!

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
What a lovely model (and the JLC is nice too).

Also tragically cool story on the Cartier "Crash".

Khal80

Reaction score
I cam to this thread looking for a watch that fit my budget, 5k.

After spending months lurking and seeing all the watches, I found myself liking watched 4x and 5x the budgeted amount. not good.

Took some time away from this thread so i could get back to reality. The closes I got to my budget was an IWC Portuguese. Love it.

But finally, I think I found the perfect watch...Nomos Tangomat GMT Plus.

I think its a great watch with great versatility.

It may have even been recommended to me on this board but over time the watch has really grown on me.

Now the problem is, where can i try this on!!!

good decision?

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think you'll just have to find another 'reason' to dislike it - I think the crown looks great! Seriously, my friend recently bought a white AP chrono and it's a remarkable watch. Very comfortable too!
Have found myself mooning over the latest APRO chronos recently. Other than the treatment of the date function, can't come up with much to dislike. Maybe the crown's also a little big? The dial is just stupendous up close, though. I could stare at the various textures for hours. I would stare at the various textures for hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads