Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBW

KBW Senior member

Nice. I just picked up the B&R a few weeks ago. The phantom is awesome looking and would be my choice if I could get my head around wearing a watch that impractical.

I really liked the BR01-94, but thought the face seemed a little busy.

Good luck!

Yeah I just noticed the 3 and 9 are cut into on the BR01...would go with the BR03 that doesn't have the 3 or 9 but with my large wrist the 01 appeals more. I know what you are saying about the practicality of the phantom but it or this one below (borrowed picture) are probably what I'm going to choose from. I posted about this on another forum and have been contacted by a guy with the one below that lives near me. If it is in claimed condition I'll probably buy it.
    [​IMG]

2. brianja

brianja Senior member

Yeah I just noticed the 3 and 9 are cut into on the BR01...would go with the BR03 that doesn't have the 3 or 9 but with my large wrist the 01 appeals more. I know what you are saying about the practicality of the phantom but it or this one below (borrowed picture) are probably what I'm going to choose from. I posted about this on another forum and have been contacted by a guy with the one below that lives near me. If it is in claimed condition I'll probably buy it.
    [​IMG]

As I said, I really like the Phantom. I would go for that!

I was torn on the BR01 vs BR03 question and wound up deciding that the BR is supposed to be ridiculously large and that the BR03 was like a watered down version.

I have a Panerai and I got it in the smaller diameter and have always regretted it. It's supposed to be BIG!

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

IMO, those things are such eyesores. No offense to anyone who likes 'em. Different strokes for different folks.

4. brianja

brianja Senior member

IMO, those things are such eyesores. No offense to anyone who likes 'em. Different strokes for different folks.

They have their place.

Would I own one as my only / everyday watch? Never.

Luckily I have a few watches and the B&R is a nice change occasionally.

5. tricky

tricky Senior member

and my new Dormeuil cloth blazer.
    [​IMG]

Wow - an AP. Nice [​IMG]

6. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

hello blackplatano, the strap is from "juergens hand made" nice strap, but I would not wait any more 2 month for a strap, then it got broken, I waited another two month that I got it fixed, the fixing was really badly done! it is my second strap from him, he made another one for my panerai, nice straps but bad service.

the buckle is from strapculture.com

regards

Thanks

7. KBW

KBW Senior member

They have their place.

Would I own one as my only / everyday watch? Never.

Luckily I have a few watches and the B&R is a nice change occasionally.

This is my feeling on them as well. I also have never once seen a B&R "in the wild" which also appeals to me. I definitely would not buy it if I was buying it as my only watch.

8. KBW

KBW Senior member

Can any of you tell me something about the brand Anonimo? The guy I'm meeting to check out the B&R owns a store that sells jewelry as well as Rolex, Breitling, etc etc and said he has 8 or 9 different styles of Anonimo he'll bring to show me as well that he'll part with for 60% retail NIB. I looked them up but seeing a picture of them on a page designed to sell them doesn't do much for me.

9. KBW

KBW Senior member

nevermind on the anonimos...I just looked at all of them and the last thing I need is another strictly "tool" watch

10. PShow

PShow Active Member

Two of mine...

Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stunning Glashutte! They truly make incredible watches. Enjoy that beautiful timepiece!

11. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

I have a quick watch question so i figured i would ask it here

how much water involved activity can a 100m resistant watch stand?

12. brianja

brianja Senior member

Stunning Glashutte! They truly make incredible watches. Enjoy that beautiful timepiece!

Thank you very much. I do.

13. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

I have a quick watch question so i figured i would ask it here

how much water involved activity can a 100m resistant watch stand?

Quite a bit. You should be able to shower with it without hesitation. Swimming and any water based activities should also be fine. Prolonged submersion if fine as well (the ISO6425 standard requires up to 50 hours in 30m depth). But this does not mean you should be unscrewing the crown while submerged, i.e. changing the time underwater is not good.

If its a chronograph, best to avoid pushing the buttons while submerged unless the case and buttons are designed for underwater use.

The one you need to watch out for is the 30m resistance. These really mean its okay to get wet if you were caught out in the rain.

Gaz

14. KBW

KBW Senior member

Yeah gazman is right 100m are fine for everyday stuff but I wouldn't dive with one or plan on doing a lot of water activity with it but with normal use it should be completely fine. The ratings aren't always spot on. I had a watch pressure tested to 400m that was only rated to 200 and it was completely fine afterwards.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Can any of you tell me something about the brand Anonimo? The guy I'm meeting to check out the B&R owns a store that sells jewelry as well as Rolex, Breitling, etc etc and said he has 8 or 9 different styles of Anonimo he'll bring to show me as well that he'll part with for 60% retail NIB. I looked them up but seeing a picture of them on a page designed to sell them doesn't do much for me.

Anonimo, or so they claim, picked up the pieces when Panerai in Florence when Panerai made the move to Switzerland. I've seen some of them on display, and can't really say I like it... but you could definitely see some OP influence on their products.

Speaking of OP, I was messing around with my camera phone last night:

[​IMG]
    HELLO HATORZZ!!!! [​IMG]

This is my first self-purchased watch, 1st generation Casio G-Shock "Mr. G"
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.