The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

agreed Dino... this is clean, elegant and just.... :drool:.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Why so long?

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Beautiful new GMT and Tudor!!!

That GMT has been calling my name recently. Sounds like you picked a winner! Congratulations on the recent engagement by the way.

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Congrats on the new toys bawlin, but man. those wait times are long and longer.

5. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

We are getting married in Germany so we had to plan a little for that. It will have been roughly a year for total engagement so that is why it is so in advance. Buying watches for fiancees is a engagement thing in her family. Her father had a YG Presidential and a YG/Blue Sub.

6. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Just arrived recently at MrPorter. I would not be averse to a solid rose-cased automatic and not just this quartz plate version. Handsome and coming in at a TWAT-approved size of 35mm.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

7. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I saw this recently on the Rolex site as a new model. I like it, but would have liked it even more if the entire bezel were blue... it would be like a blue version of the anniversary sub.

8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Hey Nuke,

Thanks for the kind words. IMHO, appreciating quirkiness means you get it! There are lots of great brands available. Some follow a very safe traditional path, which is fine. The are lots of people that want tradition watches, and there are several companies that do a great job with that.

However, watches that are a bit off the beaten path, make you take a second look, and make you think about what distinguishes them from offerings by others. I find that watches that are quirky continue to look fresh and hold my attention. You have already chosen some great watches. If you follow your heart and choose some quirky pieces you will build an interesting collection with a lot of "Keepers."

Thanks Kid! I'm always happy to supply some eye candy.

9. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Very nice additions Jbar & Wraith! They will definitely be worth the wait! Congrats to each of you.

I think they did a great job with the new bi-color bezel GMT. The bi-color bezel is purposeful and distinguishes it from a Sub. I think they hit a home run with this one.

10. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Thanks Newcomer/Dino. Definitely is worth the wait. Now I have to get something similarly nice for my wife, so she won't kill me for my purchase lol

11. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I will have to check Tudor's out when I am in Europe next time. Also congrats on the pick up and I bet you are just as excited as I am

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

Congratulations! And yes, that is my modus operandi too with my missus! Mweeheehee.

13. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Thank you. Yes indeed. I've been looking for a watch like that for quite some time. It's perfect for me.

;) If I get just the right kind of watch for her, she won't even notice my purchase :nodding:

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I love the lugless design. It looks very clean. Aesthetically, I think that Tudor has really been hitting them out of the park. I think that the watch you chose will age very nicely!

I look forward to seeing more pictures of both the "bruiser" and the Tudor!

15. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I normally take a long time to consider an item before I purchase (not only because of my wife lol), but this spoke to me the moment I saw it and I moved quickly to secure it. Hopefully the watch and I can age gracefully together :satisfied:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.