The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:I don't think it would look good with a black bezel at all. With the LVC, you embrace your inner Kermit or you don't. I am drawn to it simply because I am craving a bit of colour in the lineup and I think the green dial is just gorgeous. But I'm more tempted to scratch that particular itch with something much less expensive - that way if I tire of it, it's no big deal. Still, I'd pretty much rule the watch univers on St. Patrick's Day with that thing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I think if you buy right, you'll be safe with the LVc. I saw a mint preowned model in Calgary go for $7,500. I can't imagine pricing falling much lower than that, so you could comfortably wear the watch for a few months or a year or whatever and sell it for pretty much what you paid for it. The same can't be said for the BLNR, where there's two for sale in Canada right now at under MSRP and you don't have to pay tax, meaning you're saving upwards of $1,000 depending on your province. I suspect in a year or so, BLNR prices will be in the $8,xxx range.

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Thanks - and good points. Could you PM me the links to the two Canadian sales you mentioned?

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^Most excellent!

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Almost sounds like your looking for something that kind of resembles the watch you really want (Submarner). If that's the case I'd recommend saving for the one you really want, regardless of what I think of the Longines watch. If you get this one, aren't you still going to want a Submariner?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  8. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

well done, Nuke - glad JLC made it right. Nice travel case too!

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

:slayer:

You are not kidding! I needed a decent travel case. This will definitely fit the bill. I will post pics when I can. They gave it a full service which was nice, and replaced the hands.

10. justinkapur

I dont mind saving for a Submariner, it will be a while before I am ready for another purchase but I am just asking for opinions for what people are thinking.

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Longines makes a solid watch and good value for the money. If you're looking for a less costly alternative to the Submariner, however, I'd suggest you check out the Omega Seamaster.

[​IMG]

12. justinkapur

And whats funny is that I really like the Seamaster. I never liked the pictures but I saw a few in person and saw how amazing it really is. Its actually on my list of to buy in the future its either Seamaster or Submariner. I just know I cannot purchase it until next year or hopefully in a year and a half. Gotta save some monies

13. jtang108

jtang108 Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Vintage IWC Skeleton. Super slim profile. Love watching the movement on this one!

14. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Those are both solid buys - I'm craving the Submariner myself. The Rolex is nearly twice the price, however. Even the uplevel Omega Planet Ocean is a good deal less expensive than the Submariner. I've never quite warmed to the PO, and would stretch the extra way to the Submariner as between those two. But the Seamaster Ceramic is a pretty compelling choice and a lot more easily attainable.

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Nothing about that particular watch really strikes my fancy. To include the brand nor that particular watch. The dial for me would be a challenge to read, as it appears to be a bit cluttered. I like a bit of red as that's usually a nice touch but find that the red hand on the center dial and the red dial on the right side is a bit distracting. There are only a few watches I find where the numbers have been cut off where it actually works for me, this one doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.