• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wowzers. How did he swing that one. I think we may have found one of the new TWAT mascots.

Nothing like being a professional photographer and a brand ambassador for Panerai. I will ask for more "samples."
Difficult to tell. Her arms are blocking a visual to the first part of the reference number...could be 32B, 32C, 34C-24-32?

Yes, I have provided feedback to my friend about not properly photographing the subdials properly. I will attempt to gain access to other more appropriate shots.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had to say this ... after being out of town and slammed at work lately I FINALLY told the whole story of my new pickup and my acquiescence into TWAT-dom, with embedded pics and all. Then, I accidentally closed the tab.
baldy[1].gif

Don't really have the energy now, but here goes:

My vintage (MINTY!!) Rolex Oyster. My first Rolex and the first really nice watch I've purchased.

Unboxing

Lastly, a 'family photo' of my brother's Khaki Chrono (grad gift) and the new Rolie and my vintage Seamaster:

Thanks to dino, stiches, and all others for advice and help in finding "the one." I found it and I LOVE it.
Very nice, well done, and finally Congrats!!!!

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's the DJ makeup I've been contemplating lately. Nice pick up.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had to say this ... after being out of town and slammed at work lately I FINALLY told the whole story of my new pickup and my acquiescence into TWAT-dom, with embedded pics and all. Then, I accidentally closed the tab.
baldy[1].gif

Don't really have the energy now, but here goes:

My vintage (MINTY!!) Rolex Oyster. My first Rolex and the first really nice watch I've purchased.

Unboxing

Lastly, a 'family photo' of my brother's Khaki Chrono (grad gift) and the new Rolie and my vintage Seamaster:

Thanks to dino, stiches, and all others for advice and help in finding "the one." I found it and I LOVE it.
Congrats on a classic! Looks great. I hope you will enjoy wearing it for many years.
Yes, I have provided feedback to my friend about not properly photographing the subdials properly. I will attempt to gain access to other more appropriate shots.
Glad to hear that situation will be corrected so that we will know the correct "Reference numbers."

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ nice for sure! :nodding:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
suaviter - truly a classic. wear it in good health.

ABCXYZ

Reaction score
I know I'm going to get stoned for this, but I find it kind of boring to see page after page of Rolex, Speedys, and Pannys. I know that's what the majority of you buy, and you all have your own reasons for it, but where's the uniqueness? I guess it's an extension of the SF groupthink. Kind of like AE shoes.

Don't get me wrong. I can appreciate that they are nice watches, but after seeing the 379th Blue Submariner, it starts to loose the specialness.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You missed the Patek collection posted recently.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay a while and you will see things are different. Rolex has just been talked about the past couple of days. Last week was a lot of PP talk and a few weeks back was Moon Phase galore. Hell I think you even missed going back a page or 2 for the G-Shock discussion.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know I'm going to get stoned for this, but I find it kind of boring to see page after page of Rolex, Speedys, and Pannys.  I know that's what the majority of you buy, and you all have your own reasons for it, but where's the uniqueness?  I guess it's an extension of the SF groupthink.  Kind of like AE shoes.

Don't get me wrong.  I can appreciate that they are nice watches, but after seeing the 379th Blue Submariner, it starts to loose the specialness.  

Here is a list of the watches I own:
2 Speedmaster pre-moon 321s
A Speedmaster 125 (look it up - it is quite cool)
Several Omega Constellations from the 50s
A gold rectangular cased Omega that my great uncle bought with him as a gift for my grandfather when he came to the US after WWII
A Heuer Autavia
A TAG-Heuer Professional 1000 that my dad bought me for my 21st birthday
A rose gold Minerva cal.49 with silver dial and polished numerals
2 Minerva cal 48 Pythagore pilot watches
A Revue Thommen Airspeed pilot watch
Old IWC and G-Ps that needs restoration

I have posted pics or articles or links about all of these, except the one my great uncle bought. Nothing really to say about that one - it is a classic gold rectangular cased watch.

Ooops - left out a 1970s era Breitling Transocean with an integrated bracelet.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Dopey, I forgot to mention--I am digging that Cal 321 Speedmaster. Lovely specimen. That movement is absolutely spectacular.

Is this better?

And I have to say, I think that you may be making some very strong assumptions comparing various Rolex models and the Speedmaster with AE shoes. I think everyone who talks about watches in this thread puts a lot of consideration into every model that they pick up.

If you are bored, perhaps you shouldn't read the thread?

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like AE shoes. Sue me.

Not to interrupt the beating, but 116520 Daytona -- black or white dial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads