The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Can someone please repost that short fim that explains watches? The one with the journalist who is in search of the perfect watch. Features Richard Mille, etc

2. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

It looks like you're eating a mason jar of jellied moonshine with a knife. Which would be pretty hardcore, even for this group.

3. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. But I think that one was mostly tequila, ginger beer, and guava nectar.

4. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

That reminds me, I need a drink.

[​IMG]

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

here

6. in stitches

also, i just bought (for work) a dominos pizza rolex. dont recall buying one of those before, lol.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Hope the session proved therapeutic!

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

ME TOO!!

its funny that NonServiam posted his just recently but I have been of the same mind for a few weeks now!

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

[​IMG]

First day of work Monday!

And in regards to the G Shocks... I have kind of wanted one lately as well. I just need to find one that I like now. Kind of want something completely "out there." Like one of the black analog ones.

10. no frills

no frills Senior member

The GX-56! How large is this watch in terms of how it wears on your wrist?

Yes, I guess I've done a bit of research and I know model / reference numbers..... [​IMG]

Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah, I'm thinking of activities like running, stuff that potentially involves tons of sweat, possibly mud and sand. For kicks I do the Tough Mudder races and I'm not sure I want to wear my other mechanicals doing that. The G-Shock looks like it's built for that.

You know my problem? Apparently Casio just opened a G-Shock store in SoHo in NYC, which is about two subway stops from me.

So much for any resolve I might have had to hold off on a purchase... On the plus side, these things are relatively cheap compared to some of the pieces we discuss in TWAT!

Hah, Belli - you always come up with the most entertaining of pics! But yes, although I am not a surfer and I don't ski much, I'm thinking that running an hours-long race in the mud would disqualify most of the watches in my stable.

11. no frills

no frills Senior member

Love the Speedy Pro!

I have always wondered if I wanted a Speedy Pro in my life. Have had the willpower to hold off for now - but the G-Shock's potential use in my out-of-office life and its relatively low price point is eroding my willpower.

12. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Dude do we share a brain?

13. in stitches

awesome pic, newC.

edit - and good luck with new gig!!

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Good luck on your first day! The Speedy looks great in your photo.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Honestly, the Speedy Pro is just a great watch. I think part of the reason I love it so much is the comfort though. It really works with my wrist. By far the most comfortable watch I own.

Also, for physical activities, I just use my Orient Mako. Picked it up for around $100, and I have beat the living hell out of it. It works like a charm. I run with it, mountain bike, lift weights, whatever. It has taken everything I have thrown at it.

I am glad we are back on the same page bro :fistbump:

I was thinking about this though... despite our similarities up until now, I feel like our choices may start to diverge a little bit. I know we are both interested in the Tank Solo or Reverso. And we both have a hankering for a vintage Rolex. But after that, I guess time will tell! Lately, I have debated just waiting until I can afford a PP 5711 / 5712 or a AP RO. Despite my love for pure dress watches, it looks like I just will not have enough occasions to wear them. I find myself gravitating more towards the hybrid dress / sport watches.

And in regards to the G Shock--I saw this one on PG's blog a while back (I am surprised I just found it). It is completely unlike anything I own, but for a fun bumming around watch, it really looks kind of neat.

[​IMG]

Thanks! Starting off slow for a while, just picking up materials to get myself acquainted with the work... will not be starting in earnest until mid-October!

It is funny how nice cell phone pics can be! The hesalite really makes the Speedy very photogenic.

Thanks Dino! The Speedy is taking double-duty since my MUT Moon is now on an extended trip to Switzerland. Lucky watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.