Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

My wife has a rose gold and steel Datejust and she really likes it. She chose the smaller traditional size as she felt it looked dressier, while the large sizes made it looks more sporty. She has a large Cartier TF automatic, which is her daily wearer. She chose a fluted bezel rather than the rounded smooth (I wish they still made a flat bezel for the DJ, as on the old DJs or the Explorer 114270), and the dark sunburst dial with Roman Numerals. I'll should take some pix one of these days. Wishing your wife luck on her possible watch acquisition.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

rnguy001 - oops, i meant to reply to you. while i traditionally do not like the two tones mens models, i think the TT ladies models in rose gold are very pretty. i really like some of the neat staggered set diamond bezels too.

3. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Wishing your RO a happy 1st birthday. It looks amazing and it's great to hear the magic is still there!

Stitchy - my wife prefers the mens' models as it gives it a sportier appearance as Dino mentioned. Personally I'm not a fan of TT watches for guys, but there's something about that Everrose gold that looks great on her!

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Happy birthday to your 15202 Dino! Absolutely beautiful. The RO and the Nautilus certainly make a great claim for the "best sportswatch" throne.

It looks absolutely immaculate.

And Stitchy, the turn-o-graph looks great all polished up. I am glad that you are pleased with it!

5. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

Today I spent the day on the beach with my daughter. The only watch that takes saltwater, sand, food, sunscreen, ice cream and diaper changes without a whimper: G-Shock :embar:

[​IMG]

Changed back to the MUT Moon for dinner though :slayer:

[​IMG]

6. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thanks pal ![​IMG]
    +1

I'm not into the TT men's models, although I do think the steel and rose looks great for women. The staggered diamond bezels are pretty cool, but they were not available when we bought my wife's watch. She got her's the first year of Rolex offering steel with rose along with the revised cases, and solid link bracelets. If choosing now we might have gone with a splash of sparkle on her watch, but she is more a jewelry person and hasn't had a real interest in a new watch in a while.
    Thanks for the RO bday wishes. Although I find TT watches...a bit too 1980s, the rose and steel on women looks really sharp!
    Thanks. Although its practically been a daily wearer for a year, I've tried to take really good care of it. With one or 2 watches I bought many years ago I had some buyers remorse. This is definitely one piece that has been so fantastic that there was nothing to regret...its just been pure enjoyment! I freakin adore everything they did on this model. Its definitely a good feeling when you purchase something and feel it has lived up to or exceeded your expectations.

Gents, thanks again for the good Bday wishes for the 15202 [​IMG]

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

This goes for me, too.

Pics of the Zenith as promised[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Wow, that Zenith is very handsome! I like how they somehow made the subdials not overlap yet still have a handsome, balanced dial. That is quite a feat of design!! I would love to add an el primero to the stable at some point.

9. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

All really gorgeous choices here. Here's what I really wore yesterday, decided to go funky:

[​IMG]

Getting used to the modified bezel. I'd like to see somebody make a GMT watch with a countdown bezel, but this will have to do in the meantime.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for my actual new GMT to arrive. It will be equally funky. In fact it pretty much breaks all my usual watch rules. We'll see when it gets here.

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

This week I focused on watch repair. I ordered a replacement bezel for the TAG 1000 my dad bought me for my 21st and took my pre-Moon Cal. 321 speedy in to get one of the chrono hands reattached.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

agree 100%. TT watches, in almost any size, look better on wimmez than on menz. imo that is.
    thanks, broham!!!! im glad too. i think this baby will be getting all wrist time during which i am not wearing a suit.
    oh roger, its just lovely!

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Happy AP birthday, Dino!

And lawd, what a looker the MUT moon is...congrats on that.

13. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Captain Cool strikes again that watch is awesome. congrats again. Looks great on you.

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thanks Partagas [​IMG]

15. wurger

wurger Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.