The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

and was tossed ?

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

So, I found out the issue with my MUT Moon:

"In regards to the watchmaker's diagnosis, it seems that there was an issue with the minute hand and the second hand touching during rotation. A slight adjustment that will be remedied by the replacement of those hands and a maintenance service to re-seal the case."

Well, at least things will be good as new! They also said they will give it the full spa treatment. Looks like it will be coming back in a few weeks. Not too shabby!

3. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Good news, Nuke!

What impresses me most about that is not that they are doing it - so they should - but rather the prompt and clear communication. If only all service centres were like that...

4. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

...the barman says "Time, gentlemen, please."

GMT says: "What?"

Barman says: "Sorry. You're not from around here, are you?"

(That might take some digesting, but if you don't get it, you'll just have to take my word that it's jolly clever.)

5. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

Oh dear, my wife has apparently found the PP boutique in London, where the sales agent showed her a 7119/1 -- judging by the photographic evidence.

[​IMG]

While this strikes mortal fear into my wallet, I will admit to you gentlemen that -- as ladies watches go -- I do think it's a real beaut.

6. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

I know I'm late for the party, but: congrats! Looks good on you! I like the red touches, and the bezel looks very cool to me.

For myself, same shorts, different watch :p

[​IMG]

One more, just because ;)

[​IMG]

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

The 5712 has got to be one of the most awesome watches out there. And Omega Male.. that is one lovely looking piece for a lady! Very classy. Classic PP.

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

NS, you're really rolling out the pr0n here. And I don't mean that as a lascivious comment about your legs. Great watch, great pics.

OM, that is a pretty watch. Now you know where your wife is, maybe check where your credit cards are?

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Root beer today.
    [​IMG]

10. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Back when we were discussing the Daytona, I was searching desperately for a picture that I saw on one of the watch forums. Now that we're discussing the prospect of wearing a Rolex in a restaurant, I was able to find the picture:

[​IMG]

Daytona after seven years of continuous wear while running a restaurant. Now what I was going to say is that if I could find a Daytona that looked like this (But with the movement in good shape), I would buy it.

11. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

Love it.

12. wurger

wurger Senior member

Lol, nice call.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

While wearing the Longines Retrograde, I experienced some relatively intense wobble from the rotor and can wear the rotor spin noise when it's free wheeling.

I was initially worried, since I have not experienced that with other automatic watches I owned, but having a search on the net, to my relief it is normal for Valjoux 7750 movements. The 7750 is a unidirectional wind movement, has a big rotor that tends to freewheel when rotating in the non-winding direction, creates the rotor noise, and also spins fast enough to generate centrifugal forces that causes the whole watch to wobble. And since the Longines L707.2 is based on the 7750, it inherited this phenomena.

While I can supposedly enjoy this movement as the alive soul of the mechanic watch, I personally would prefer a quieter and non wobble watch, there is absolutely no noise and wobble on the Rolex 3135 and Omega 2500 I own.

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

The Valjoux wobble is awesome. One of my favorite aspects of the movement. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but the 7750 has a lot of character!

15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Love the hobnail bezel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.