• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_del

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
I like leather straps with this buckle. Do they have a special name for this type of strap? Can't see it real well. But I guess the strap is just a regular strap, but the buckle is a deployant buckle.
More specifically, that one looks like a butterfly deployant. EDIT: and the band almost looks like it could be pigskin or some other less common leather.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
That's more of a dress watch.

But less is more, as far as dress goes.

5120J.jpg

Now thats what I call Appreciation...
bounce2.gif

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I do like the older dials on the Tudor & Rolex.. Less bling!

Few of the same 233J (I know there is not much love for Panerai's here but I wear for me not the haters..
smile.gif
)

Is the 233 in the 47mm Fiddy case? Looks like it...

Originally Posted by c_del
More specifically, that one looks like a butterfly deployant.

EDIT: and the band almost looks like it could be pigskin or some other less common leather.

Looks like a, as said, normal butterfly deployant on a Hirsch Ascot (or similar) strap to me.

/M

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
I like leather straps with this buckle. Do they have a special name for this type of strap? Can't see it real well. But I guess the strap is just a regular strap, but the buckle is a deployant buckle.
It's a "Hirsch English Ascot Band". Do an eBay search and several should come up. A store called \tTop of The Line For Less sells both the bands and the clasps...shipping is really fast too. I don't know anything about watch band quality, but this one seems good.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've developed a slight obsession with solid gold LED watches from the '70s. These were expensive watches back then, the height of technology.
aaGrima5.jpg
omega+led.jpg
pulsar+p1+led.jpg

theguy

Reaction score
Love my 111, bought it for myself on my 23rd bday last june I was originally going to by a quartz RADO lol, then I went and found timezone .com and found there are alot more watches then the ones found in a mall Just like I recently stumbled upon this forum and found out about better clothing not sold at the mall Good for nothing mall!
photoul3.jpg
w600.png
[/IMG] taken with my iphone(pretty decent photo for 2 mp)

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've developed a slight obsession with solid gold LED watches from the '70s. These were expensive watches back then, the height of technology.

I share your fascination. The one for which I am keeping my eyes pealed...1976-ish:

tiffanyledwatchesebay1.jpg

concord3cc.jpg

- B

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be posting my new rolex soon. I get it back from the jeweler on thursday
smile.gif

wq1999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mink31
Not quite watch p0rn, but has anyone noticed Tom Brokaw's Big Pilot?

Nice to see one 'in the wild,' but I'm not so sure it works with a suit:

brokaw.jpg

I noticed this on Meet the Press last week. I don't think it works at all - far too big and sporty for a suit, especially with the riveted pilot-style strap and that huge crown. He also seems to wear it quite loose - I noticed it flopping around on his wrist quite a bit. Otherwise he is very well put together - but he needs a proper dress watch.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fifties Oris, the dial has faded to a dark brown, so I put a brown croc strap on it:
DSC068390.jpg

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Cartier Santos today. The gold frame is prone to scratches, and has picked up a few. Apologize for the rather graphic wrist hair.

100_0047.jpg

Patrician

Reaction score
Man was I disappointed when I was first told that IWC stood for International Watch Company. I thought it was gonna be an abbr. of something cool in french, like JL's Jaeger Le Coultre.
inlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads