• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonServiam

Reaction score

i think im just gonna wear it and hope she doesnt say anything!

I tried that once, got spotted immediately. The agreement now is that I can spend my money as I please, but be open about my purchases. I can live with that ...

Last edited:

NonServiam

Reaction score

Quick hit. Roughly $10K pre-owned, 15300 Royal Oak or 16520 Daytona?

Have you tried both on the wrist? They wear quite differently, I find. Mostly due to the bracelets. I love the El Primero Daytonas, and sold my 15300 rather quickly ...

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat off-topic: got some new shoes from the Leffot sale in NYC last week - Gaziano & Girling Barclays in mole suede. Paired with Phineas Cole socks and 3970P today:

Yes, I need to get that pant bottom (re)-hemmed...

But, just had to share this: got myself a Nano Suede Protector from Tarrago and tested it on the shoes:

How awesome is that? Hah hah!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ great looking shoes! ^^

I tried that once, got spotted immediately. The agreement now is that I can spend my money as I please, but be open about my purchases. I can live with that ...

that is pretty much our agreement. with the addendum that the wife still retains the right to get mad at me for frivolously spending our money. :)

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitch - don't think we forgot about you! Let's get on with the ceremony! (please)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch - don't think we forgot about you! Let's get on with the ceremony! (please)

before the day is done i will give one final hint. it will be better than the previous hints.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Excited for you, brother!

thanks!

GUESS WHAT??? ITS A MINUTE REPEATER!!!! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG!!!!

jk. its not really.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks!

GUESS WHAT??? ITS A MINUTE REPEATER!!!! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG!!!!

ZOMG minute repeater with blue dial!

There are surprisingly (relatively) affordable minute repeater pocket watches if you go vintage, 'no? Even PP.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i once actually saw a no name MR pocket watch in an obscure shop, i forget where. was very affordable, and had a very pretty chime. but i was really young and flat broke at the time. i think it was before i even had any credit cards.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chronoswiss used to have a Quarter Repeater that was not so expensive. Had a nice look to it as well.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chronoswiss used to have a Quarter Repeater that was not so expensive. Had a nice look to it as well.

i quite like chronoswiss. rarely see them in the wild though.

MSchott

Reaction score
i quite like chronoswiss. rarely see them in the wild though.

I've had 3-4 over the years. A very nice, under the radar brand. In the current line, the Sirius handwound model is lovely. A great dress watch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've had 3-4 over the years. A very nice, under the radar brand. In the current line, the Sirius handwound model is lovely. A great dress watch.

lets get some pics, brother!

i like a lot of their models, and i really like the success of their relatively new brand, as well as the story about how gerd lang trained michael kobold. good stuff going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads