Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

2. no frills

no frills Senior member

Agree - although I don't own a Speedy.

Yet!

3. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

After the "double red", perhaps?

4. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013

5. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Sorry about the magenta, trying to make it a little easier to read..

[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR][COLOR=FF00AA]What a great few days' post! Omega and Rolex debates always seem to get the juices flowing, no matter what forum or walk of life you're from!

regarding the comment of Daytona being an old man's watch - though I'm not as hot on the Daytona as most here, I very much disagree with this statement. The Omega constellation on the other hand, is the epitome of Old TImer IMO. But it's just my opinion and the statement is not meant to be argumentative at all.

I've never held an X-33, but admittedly one my least favorite models next to the Men's constellation.. Seems a cool piece of gadgetry though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]

Beautiful photos, the Daytona looks amazing (see? I don't hate!), would love to see more close ups of that incredible dial, please![/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]
    Agree Agree Agree. Color me 'weird' but I love the ROO models. the Volcano, Bumblebee, Safari - check check check. Love the newer ceramic ROO as well. I understand it's a huge contrast versus the elegant and storied Jumbo, but I really like that AP can have models that are sportier as well as timeless. This is not a bad thing, and doesn't go against their tradition and DNA in this instance. I know some brands can really hurt themselves when they over-extend, but AP actually excels in this way.

But here's the AP that really knocked my socks off when I handled it: I'd even consider this though it had no date! (that's how much I loved it!)[/COLOR]

[​IMG]

[COLOR=FF00AA]That being said, MIMO... -->[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]Agree with you, big M. However, with rising prices of Panerai, the gap is strangely closing fast. And if you were to compare a Panerai to an AP for the same money, it might not be a fair contest in most eyes. Well said about the Omega and Daytona. As Dino said, you can't go wrong with either.
    [/COLOR]

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that is one of my fave APs. love it.

in other non AP news, i may have my next watch purchase coming up soon. :hide:

7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Woh - how exciting! Any hints as to what the piece might be?

I have decided not to pursue the double red Sub/SD. In the spirit of temperance (whoa!) I will be saving up for a piece that I'll purchase two years or so from now (whoa). Possibly going against the spirit of temperance, denying myself for two years will probably assure that the next piece I'll get will be a whopper.

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Frilly, a two year plan for a watch is one serious commitment! There's no interesting summer sport in 2015, so it's nice to have something to look forward to. Imelda never waited that long.

Go Stitchy! [​IMG]

9. in stitches

there will be no hints so as not to jinx anything, but i assure you that my TWATy friends will be the first to know when its all locked down.

despite my lack of sharing, any interest on your end sharing what you have in mind for 2015? :embar:

please say its a grande complication tourb and please say it is a 7 figure watch.

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Can't wait to see which watch you've decided to get next Stitchy.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Ugh Stitchy, this is just unfair. Can we at least get something of a hint?

12. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

Thank you for not hating! :D My Daytona started out as a regular white dialled steel Daytona, but I always liked the white gold dials, so had one installed. Most Rolex ADs frown upon this, and certainly Rolex SA. There are dials to be found on the second hand market, for crazy prices. And dirty back alley watchmakers to install it, I imagine. (Not that installing a dial is rocket science.) Or you can find a decent AD who acknowledges that you, and not Rolex, own your watch, and fixes everything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013

13. in stitches

^^ i think the panda dial is super cool. if i ever get a speedy id also go panda with that. ^^

:) its nothing crazy, but it satisfies. kind of like a snickers.

it has a round face. it is mechanical. it is made by a brand you will have heard of.

14. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Now THAT is truly awesome. Customized Daytona. Balls!

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I feel like that does not really lower the potential choices by very much :).

Hmmmm, is is more or less than 40mm. I am guessing, JUST GUESSING, a JLC MUT 38mm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.