The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Thanks, Nuke. And one day I would also like a Daytona very much: white dial for me I think.

Happy Fourth to the American watch-loving community. :)

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

nuke - I APPROVE OF YOUR MESSAGE!!!!
    thanks!
    sorry dino. : ( i went to nashville for a day and met up with ebroes dereks and dcg. had a blast. back home now.
    very nice! -- put the leather strap on for the meetup (insert joke), will switch back to rubber. with this humid weather the rubber is the way to go for me. wearing BB pants shirt and belt for some american july 4th vibez. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

3. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

Almost forgot: in honour of July 4, I'm wearing the national colours of...

[​IMG]

...Norway!

Also, of a country that rhymes with "eh", likely due to its proximity to those wacky Canadians. Although I can't quite recall its name at the moment, happy freedom-from-your-imperial-overlords day to its citizens!

4. in stitches

B - you make me want to buy a typewriter just for watch pics. :)

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

One of my very few full MC days at work yesterday. Sleeves don't really sit like that etc. I'm not experienced in the ways of MC photos (hence no robopose full body pic, sorry Stitchy).

[​IMG]

Someday I'll have a proper dress watch, but it's not really practical for me at the moment. JLC MUT Moon Phase maybe :inlove:

6. Flake

Flake Senior member

Still on island time!
    [​IMG]

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Let me know when y'all do another Nashvegas trip, I can easily make that trip.

8. no frills

no frills Senior member

Belligero - as always, a most welcome post. I will read the full article when things settle down here in my chaotic little home, but the snippet you just posted is first rate. As always.

Nuke - this might come as a surprise to you (and to everyone), but this is a highly "no frills"-approved message/picture/post!!! Happy 4th indeed!

As we must continually seek to broaden our horizons regarding these topics, may I submit this picture of the lovely Ms Nina Agdal, also looking very patriotic.

[​IMG]

She is of Danish descent, and starred in a commercial for Carl's Jr recently. I have never appreciated charbroiled Atlantic cod fish as much until I saw that video. Look it up!
    +1 ^^ abso-freakin-lutely.

Went to Coney Island today and spent way too much time in the sand. So the 5711 had to take a bath.

[​IMG]

9. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Love the SM300.

10. no frills

no frills Senior member

Actual picture that I took of my friend - who audaciously wore a Rolex when we went on a private tour of Patek USA's facilities in NYC - with a watchmaker. Who works for Patek. Look at what she's wearing.

[​IMG]

11. in stitches

cyc - i can forgive the lack of full fit because the speedy is so awesome.

flake - :fistbump:

:slayer: fo sho!

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

And on the topic of Daytonas... here's Nautilus and Daytona, taking a hot shower together, kinda scratching up against one another. How hot is that! Better than some late-night Cinemax movies, fo sho.

[​IMG]

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sorry, I was just taking a shower.

What did you say?[​IMG]

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

That is funny. I feel like I have had a similar experience so far, without the whole actually getting one thing. It really is fairly telling when you have guys like you, Frills, Dino, etc., who own and rave about their Daytona when they have other watches that are objectively "better." Especially for us young 'uns who are on the aspirational side still!

And trust me, TWAT will be the first place I come when I get any new watch! Love the pictures by the way, especially the espresso picture.

I can definitely see how one could have those feelings about it! It definitely seems like an easy watch to bond with. It is comfortable, you can wear it anywhere, it is tough as nails, etc. There is something about an incredibly functional watch that is very attractive. I am sure that you will eventually splurge for one of the newer Rolexes... but honestly, those lugs really just don't work for me.

I will make sure to take the complaint to the mods!

Daytona bros for life :cheers:

:slayer:

As much as I love the classics (Kate), I have to say, this Nina Agdal creature is very easy on the eyes. Although I have a penchant for blondes (currently dating for the first time a brunette), Miss Agdal is very captivating. I appreciate the patriotism!

15. no frills

no frills Senior member

I love my other pieces with crazy passion - but I haven't traded out my Daytona to fund the acquisition of any other piece, and it gets worn at least as much as the others. Actually, now that my wife wears it exclusively, it gets worn all the friggin time!

As for Ms Agdal, well. Here is the Hardee's / Carl's Jr commercial that aired during Superbowl weekend earlier this year. Stopped many a conversation:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.