1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

thats what im leaning toward. I was thinking about all the watches ive owned...WAY too many. and I think im getting to the age where just one special grail piece is all id need. possibly keep my GMT though. I remember years ago you could kop an old nautilus on the grey market for 10K ish. I wish i could go back :lol:

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I did not know much about watches in those times :). And yeah, I have got a Speedy Pro and a MUT Moon. What more does a man need really? And that is just absurd, hopefully we hit rock bottom prices again.

3. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

For me, if I had the means this would be endgame:

[​IMG]

slight amendment to the picture, the Lange 1 would be moonphase

4. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

^^fuck yes. that world time has always been a grail of mine. But I think my budget is gonna be WAY too small to afford that world time. Id be just as happy with a nautilus though.

5. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Mmmm....dangerous game, but fun...non TWAT-approved, but I love them so much. Along with plenty of others; I guess it's like trying to pick the Rolex list.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yo Frilly, how many "endgames" have you had so far? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Cylon, we really do get each other. Lange 1 Moonphase is my grail. I would like the worldtimer with the cloisonne dial though. With that said, I would not kick either out of bed.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

this is the daytona for me. :nodding:
    anytime, buddy. :)
    when i tried it on, i quite liked the factory finish. not sure id prefer the all brushed. the duality of the polish and brushed is quite nice in person. im not certain, but i think there are a few places i might consider letting brush my rolex. oh wait. no there is not. that i know of anyways.
    lol, dont be silly. there is no endgame.

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

[​IMG]

9. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

#teamnoendgame

10. Hayward

Hayward Distinguished Member

All of these watches are monstrosities. The Rolex least so. I never thought I'd catch myself defending the DSSD. One of those watches is plastic.

11. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

While I try to avoid divisiveness on this beloved thread (sometimes I fail though), I find myself agreeing with the cantankerousness of hayward a lot lately

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:)

count me [email protected]!!!!#!!111!

13. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

I'm generally not a fan of the RO Offshore, but the Scuba, particularly when on a bracelet is quite nice.
    The one in your photo doesn't seem to come up for sale all that much these days. Its the limited edition City of Sails. It was only sold on a rubber strap. However, I think several people have bought a regular 39mm ROC on a bracelet and then bought a rubber strap and deployant to add to it.
    Quote:
    Hey, back in the late 1990s, the list price on new steel Nautilus watches was about $9700. ADs were regularly discounting and selling them for $6K. I didn't like the large model that was out at the time, it was a 3710 with commet torque indicator, plain black dial and roman numerals...but looking back if I had done the deal I could have just made an even swap with it for a 5711/A1. [​IMG]
    I love the Lange 1, particularly the L1 Moonphase!
    I will have to see it in person. Still, from my previous experience of wearing a Daytona with polished center link as a daily wearer for 5 years...the polished surfaces over time do show lots of small scratches and every finger print. The brushed surfaces hide them to a large degree. Oh well, still looking forward to seeing a new blue black GMT in person.

14. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

^ funds permitting I would opt for a 39mm Panda and put it on rubber. Key phrase being "funds permitting"

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

i had that CoS AP. It was a damn nice watch. Really miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.