The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Absolutely agree. Rolex is literally king for a reason, so as much as I think it would be genius of them to make a less tapered bracelet, or X, Y, Z - in the end, they sell like bananas on a chimp farm, so they must be doing something right!

2. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

nothing would make me happier to hear that someone on the rolex design team was a active watch forumite. While i complain about some very small gripes i still love em. Maybe they just need to wise up and hire ME as lead designer. then and only then will i be 100% satisfied hahahaha.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Well if it is watches for girls, then that is a completely different matter! I think that a MOP dialed DJ is a great choice of watch for the ladies. I just could not see myself, necessarily, wearing a MOP dial :). And I am glad we are in accord with the Rolex choices :fistbump:. I could definitely see the Explorer being redundant in that list, I just really love the Explorer. And I feel like the size difference between the Explorer I and II are enough to make them entirely different watches. And my list also changes just about daily. The GMT is my flavor of the last few months. I will let you and Dino fight out who gets the black and blue GMT first though...

And I am diggin' Nuke.

I have a feeling that just wouldn't work. Well, it would work, but probably not on the kind of womenz you bring home to momma. Maybe the MTSU crowd / grads.

4. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

My rolex wish list

Rolex 1675 (pepsi GMT)
    Rolex 1016 or 114270 (explorer 1)
    Rolex 5513 (sub)

can you tell I prefer matte dials? [​IMG]

PS. this is in no particular order. The ranking changes every day.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

poor guy has worse luck than Conne with women. for obvious reasons.

Man, i do miss the MTSU girls. I go to a restaurant near campus occasionally...wow. :)

6. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

7. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Definitely, how Rolex should sell the watch. However, I'd never let someone refinish my watch.
    Agreed, Rolex isn't worried about our opinions, and as Derek pointed out, those of us on SF and/or dedicated watch forums are a pickier bunch than the bulk of their customers.

For me the bracelet seems too small and poorly proportioned for that watch, so for me its a deal breaker. There are other models I'd rather own. But if the DSSD is the one that calls out to you go for it!

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

^i missed those pics of the blue/black ceramic. dang...looks fantastic. Ive toyed around with getting my bracelet redone in all brushed but im leery of having the case brushed as well. looks damn good though.

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

This photo does a great job illustrating the absurdity of the size of the DSSD's bracelet:

[​IMG]

It also does a great job illustrating how badly I want a ROO Diver.

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

i was SOOO close to trading a few watches for that AP scuba. SOOO close. still on the fence too...its so damn nice.

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ Do it! There's one for sale on the forums for like $12.5k right now. Excellent price... if my wrists didn't look like they belong to a 13 year old girl (and I wasn't a few $k short) it would be mine.

Divers have always been my favorite style and the AP is a homerun IMO. I've been fortunate enough to see a couple in the wild and they are truly magnificent in person.

edit: And on that note, I think I am going to try and save for a 39mm ROC with a rubber strap.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  12. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

man...thats a doable price. Ive been trying to work a deal with someone locally for awhile. Looks like i may have a pretty solid offer on the bulk of my watches. I was REALLY wanting a nautilus but im not sure if thats going to be doable.

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I have been really wanting a Nautilus as well. Like, bad. I don't know why I feel this way all of a sudden. It just makes sense. And I tried one on my wrist, and it just looked so good. I have a really flat wrist, so it really sat nicely.

I have decided officially to just start saving until I can buy a big boy piece. May be a couple of years from now, but I am just so content with what I have right now that I see no reason to piddle around.

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.