1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I really love their Dual Time....a very handsome and useful RO for travelers.

Hahahah[​IMG] Thanks pal !!!

I find the lugs look too small for the case size (or there is so much curvature that they look too small for the case), the hands are sort of blah, and the mix of arrow shaped markers and very thin sticks just look a bit mismatched to me (maybe if the sticks were a bit thicker). I know they are going for a retro design, but for me...this one just comes off as a design is too plain, and lacks some of the whimsical features often associated with VC (interesting lugs, unique cases, interesting detail on the dial, or bold hour markers and hands). Sure VC has made some plain watches over the years ...but I think this looks like something for a person considerably older than Nuke. YMMV, but I find the Traditionelle fresher, younger looking, and more in line with what I would associate with VC (particularly details like its minute track, angled hands, bigger lugs).

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

plus :confused:

3. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thanks. I agree the Maltese Cross incorporated into their buckles and deployants is really a great feature.
    Below is a photo of the deployant on my Carree Historique.
    [​IMG]

4. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

My bad, PAM 111 fat finger error on that one. May the watch gods exonerate me.

1 person likes this.
  5. mimo

mimo Senior member

I like the VC Traditionelle just fine, but I have to agree with Dino that the Lange is just a bit...more. Also, there is another Lange that lives in a similar price bracket and style, that I would compare to this more readily: the Richard Lange. Again, the platinum is very expensive, but as I've waffled on before, it's just such a perfect example of understated design. I like it very much:

[​IMG]

Sure, it's a $40k three hand no-date simple thing. But I just love how it hangs together. And that the second hand is blued. And that the minute numbers at 15,30,45 and 60 are red. Not so you'd notice unless you really look, but just an almost invisible bit of colour to stop the dial looking flat. I just love how uptight Lange are about details. Lange would make a terrible wife, and a worse mistress, but the best secretary ever.

The VC's still cheaper for the gold version, and definitely has some used bargains around. But for a new, platinum simple dress watch that nobody would notice unless they knew, I think it would have to be this. You know, once I graduate past the Sekonda...

6. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

:lol:

Casual today but still felt like a Royal Oak day. Happy Friday everyone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

fantastic. as a thorough whore, i am also a huge fran of the giant AP deployant clasp. -- TC - the RO looks perfect.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  8. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

QFT....and a nice backside altogether.

9. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior member

Sea-Dweller and Fitbit this evening. Dorky, but I am down 28 pounds since New Year so, uh, get at me ladies?

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Great watch, and congratulations! Nothing is going to make a watch look better on you than improving your physique. :)

11. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I guess Friday seems to be Royal Oak Day around here, so here is my contribution.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. in stitches

13. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

"So what do you mean when you say a watch 'has heritage'?" asks Pretty over lunch today.

I feel as if I am standing at the precipice of a sick and costly addiction. One great watch is enough... right?...

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Sure keep telling yourself that....it might work. [​IMG] However, as most here have discovered...there is no cure for this addiction. Resistance is futile.

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Gorgeous!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Every large purchase becomes, that could be an X or is 65% of the way to a Y. Though when Frilly posts one of his Patek's most of us think if we could live without specific organs and their price on the black market [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. robw

robw Senior member

Very nice. I toyed with that watch before I bought my RO Chrono. Fun to second guess myself sometimes, but happy with my choice all the same.

Enjoy it.

18. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thank you my friend.
    [​IMG] Hahaha....with large purchases I always find myself doing that. Hmmmm this purchase is X % of watch "A"...hmmm maybe I could do with out it. Not sure I've contemplated if I could do without some of my organs when looking at pix of Frilly's Pateks,....but I have wondered if my sister's ex-husband could do without some of his vital organs and their price on the black market [​IMG]

19. mimo

mimo Senior member

I'll arrange that for a Datograph.

20. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

[​IMG] Sounds good to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.