1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

how to make it into frilly inner circle and get free pateks?

2. no frills

no frills Senior member

Hah hah hah!

One last pic to share from my vacation in the Philippines. It is common to see signs over there like this, requiring you to deposit your firearms before entering various establishments.

But if I comply with this, will I be giving up my constitutional right to bare arms?

Hah hah hah!

[​IMG]

Yes, I am wearing my "island style" attire of shirt, shorts and slippers. And my Patek Nautilus. Probably not SF approved but hey, it was warm. Cozy warm. No snow. Unlike, uhm, New York right now. Ugh.

3 people like this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Frilly, are you from the Philippines or are you just vacationing? Have you been watch shopping?

I'm there fairly often for business and I went watch shopping at Shangri-la....prices are decent, not great, but the nice part was that they were offering discount + 6 mos with no interest, at an AD.

I'm not a resident so I couldn't take advantage :( iirc they had a few Pateks

4. mimo

mimo Senior member

He was there campaigning prior to a national referendum on whether to rename the country "The Frillipinnes", in his honour. Rumour has it that the original plan to call the country "The Patek Philippines" fell through after the sponsoring company fell short of the expected price in the naming rights negotiation. Frilly, having not bought any watches for a year, was liquid enough to meet the requirement.

Looking awesome there, Frillster, and careful with those big guns! Your comment about the Philippines being rich/poor reminded me of a conversation we had a long time ago on here when I think I was posing that same point: that a big poor market might still have more rich people than a small rich market. Anyway, tell us how it looks when they make you king. :)

5. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

(Also worth noting that poor countries often have the most conspicuous and entrenched super-rich (kleptocrat?) class--that's how the rest of the populace stays so poor.)

2 people like this.
  6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The philippine frillocracy?

7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Just vacationing - wasn't shopping for any watch in particular, but I always enjoy checking out shops and what might be for sale.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. luvmalik

luvmalik Senior member

i am looking at buying panerai 00113 for myself in a couple of days. does anybody own this watch and what are the reviews?

can some senior members suggest me if i should go ahead with the purchase or look at some other options?

thanking you

9. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

Just stopping by to brag about my incoming ... secret :D A watch that has featured on this thread a few times, nothing fancy, a decent everyday watch. A brand close to my heart. Somewhat uncommon, but not terribly expensive. Historically interesting, a true period piece. Descreet, but loud.

Hoping to unbox at the end of the week :satisfied:

10. mimo

mimo Senior member

[​IMG]

(Malik - buy it.)

11. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

'Discreet but loud' the mind boggles...

:lurk:

1 person likes this.
  13. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

14. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

So, something like

[​IMG]

15. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

A very good suggestion, sir! I like that one a lot! But no :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

[​IMG] Mimo....absolutely cracked me up with that one. Thanks for a good laugh!
    Congrats on your incoming watch! I'm looking forward to you posting some pix when it arrives!!!

17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

tell us now. :)

18. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

That's funny; I was think the same piece when reading NS' announcement..... :lurk:

1 person likes this.
  19. Keith T

Keith T Senior member

Y'all are just a bunch of teases. And NS is the worst of the lot. Okay, he's just the most recent. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Thinking maybe a vintage Tudor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.