The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

well done. I'm very impressed if that's actually her personal watch.

2. apropos

apropos Senior member

Don't take yourself so seriously! Life is to be enjoyed. Tacky things can be fun things... in the right context. You can't always tick all the boxes, and if you want to go hardcore purist you'll either have an empty watch box due to lack of funds, or more likely... lack of "true" horological integrity out there. Not everyone can have a Comex Submariner next to a Daytona 6265 next to a Patek perpetual calendar chrono next to a Dufour Simplicity next to a Duometre.

I spend my daylight hours advising folk (amongst other things) not to eat too many burgers, or sleep with tattooed women with plastic breasts, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy burgers and, dare I say it, appreciate the occasional pair of plastic tits.

I know they're fake/tacky, but I choose to try to enjoy them all the same anyway. Makes me a happier person, certainly a more pleasant person to be around, and it definitely helps keep the blood pressure down.

Just my 0.02 :)

3. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Quite right. I save my ranting for the internet as far as possible, in order to minimise outbursts in real life, and I do have (and sometimes wear) a Saddam Hussein Rodania quartz, so I can't claim I'm always in good taste by any means.

I also have an empty space where a watch box might be and a lack of funds for the moment, but that's a separate issue! I'm just saying I won't be getting any celeb specials, and I like that my woman has real ones. :)

I'm still smiling about Valentino Rossi though.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. Flake

Flake Senior member

Speaking of tacky things, bought this in Vegas years ago on a lark. The Deco dial and biCompax subdials attracted me. I will have to say, the strap is exceptionally nice. Far nicer than this watch deserves, and nicer than many other oem straps from most higher end makes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

There are worse things you can spend money on in Vegas, so I hear!

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Right you are Mimo. Built for speed, not comfort. While I would certainly not dream of kicking that young lady out of bed, I feel that I have been spoiled when it comes to women growing up adjacent to SEC schools. Most beautiful women in the world.

As always Frills, I love how you are bringing TWAT to its natural progression.

I do like her get up though. She looks kind of like Holly, Hef's old but young squeeze.

7. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I wouldn't let her in my living room. Can we talk about watches again now? Frilly has become most frivolous since he took a break from rampant acquisition!

8. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Finally home from HK and reunited with my vintage Rolex and UN - pix as promised months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

great looking watches, ron.
    --

i want to own this by the end of the day. anyone want to help me out?

[​IMG]

10. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Times are a little tight right now, but I'll give you fifty bucks. I'd like you to choose a different strap if possible. But it's not a condition.

11. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

I like both of these, Chicago Ron.

@ Newcomer: Lexington FTW

12. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Ron, the Rolex and UN are gorgeous.

As for the JLC, I was lusting after one of those myself until I found out the bezel doesn't turn. So now I lust after the Deep Sea Chrono instead. But then I get defeated by my usual stuffy rules, like why on earth would you want an elapsed time bezel on a chrono? What you want is a countdown bezel. I wonder if you could special order one. In any case these are far better looking than JLC's other sports models.

Now to the girl: If she regularly suns on the deck while wearing a five figure watch then it's highly likely that she's interesting to talk to.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Ok I found it. Its a patek. I should've known better as his son collects pateks. I didn't think Patek branded the dial with their name in an arch, that's why I was hesitant.
    Says Patek Philippe geneve (not a third name as I originally though!)
    Will post pics when I get to the computer. Maybe some aficionados can point out the ref number.

SPYphone pics :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks!!! :inlove:

oh snap! GREART NEWS WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

--
    hayward, bezel does not bother me. i will kill for that watch.

15. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Or she steals watches from watch/Moto GP buffs while they're swimming, and hopes her plastic tits will distract security personnel. But that's just me, I always assume the best of people. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.