The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

And Guido, I think your panerais are growing on me even though I used to hate them about as much as Matt. I don't know if it's the way you take pictures or what, but you should compete against the Sartorialist.
    - Wow, thank you..

Agreed, those are some great photos. I'm loving the car too (what is it? I don't recognize it Sorry, I'm kind of a car guy.)
    - featured in my daily WAYW thread Motor - Gloss black 159 SportWagon - "nothing standard", I could start a whole thread on the mechanical modifications to make this sound & corner like the Alfa's of old..(Alfa Romeo)

1 week, PAM & I are still on honeymoon.. Though Panda is needing some love, maybe next week.
    This morning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. username79

username79 Senior member

[​IMG] Maybe I'll take a cheesy holding the steering wheel pic later...

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

I was bored, and went on a little ebay buying spree for cheap and unusual watches. (Pics from ebay.) HMT Indian army, issued watch, restored dial (this one's arrived, and the luminescence is strong enough to make me worry about radiation): [​IMG] [​IMG] And another variant: [​IMG] [​IMG] Soviet Russian Raketa, for weak-sighted, NOS export version, reminds me of Panerai (sorry, all resident Paneristi[​IMG] : [​IMG] [​IMG] I got this not very useful wrist compass as a bonus along with the Raketa: [​IMG] Fifties Oris: [​IMG] [​IMG] Ca. 1940 Record, probably a private-purchase military-type watch: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Another two exotics; they seem to be Indian or Pakistani NOS: [​IMG] [​IMG] I like the arabic day/date, and the unusual cyclops on this one: [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kaizen

Kaizen Senior member

Fifties Oris:
    [​IMG]

I really like this watch. How big is it (I'm guessing around 33mm)?

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

(I'm guessing around 33mm)?
    Spot on - it's 34 mm across, 38 lug-to-lug. There are several on ebay now, some used, some NOS. They seem to go for betwen $30 and 60.

6. GuidoWongolini

New vintage croc shoes for my 233
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Woah, that strap is gonna give me nightmares tonight. It's literally scary to me. [​IMG]

8. exterminatus

exterminatus Well-Known Member

What do you thing? I like the irony of wearing a PAM233 on a "tool" strap such as this ZULU & then pairing with a suite & tie! [​IMG]
    The earlier comparison of your photos to sartorialist sums it up nicely, your pictures bring out the best in some of those items. Thanks to you a B&R watch is on my shopping list and those Panerai shots might make another serious dent in my paycheck [​IMG].

9. jbmarine

jbmarine Senior member

Where Neverland Ranch, Santa Monica, and the land
    Just got my Navitimer back from the shop and that piece of me that was missing seems to have come back with the watch. [​IMG]

I had meant to ask...

I'll be looking at purchasing another watch somewhat shortly and have narrowed down my desires to either the Omega Seamaster or the Montblanc Timewalker.

Any suggestions?

10. GuidoWongolini

Just got my Navitimer back from the shop and that piece of me that was missing seems to have come back with the watch. [​IMG]

I had meant to ask...

I'll be looking at purchasing another watch somewhat shortly and have narrowed down my desires to either the Omega Seamaster or the Montblanc Timewalker.

Any suggestions?

IMO Mont Blanc pens.. Sure their watches are nice.. But they make pens & not that good to come to think of it..

Of the ones you listed, Omega Planet Ocean.

11. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

So elegant. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

... Motor - Gloss black 159 SportWagon - "nothing standard", I could start a whole thread on the mechanical modifications to make this sound & corner like the Alfa's of old..(Alfa Romeo) ...
    So do it, I'd be interested

13. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

So do it, I'd be interested
    +1 Vintage? boxter, v6 or what sound have you otimized for?

14. Big A

Big A Senior member

JLC Reverso on a new croc strap.

I was thinking about the fact that the Reverso used to be a "sporting" watch, and started thinking I'd like a sportier strap for it with contrast stitching - sort of a homage to the watch's roots. Since I have a very formal looking black strap, I was hoping for brown or tan.

Finding a contrast strap that would fit the very thin JLC deployant was a problem. Even JLC didn't seem to have a contrast stitching strap that was thin enough at the end. Aftermarket was a prob because the strap is an odd size. Frustrated, I went to Tourneau in Palm Beach and dug through every strap they had. I finally found a Rolex strap that fit.

Here it is: I quite like it . . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. iridium7777

iridium7777 Senior member

it's been months getting here, but the wait was worth it. my vintage rolex 1675 from somewhere around 1967, all original, down to the rivet bracelet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.