• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not all case engraving is ugly, but the OTT huge print engraving on that PP, coupled with the fact it was of the brand emblem, was horrid. it was reminiscent of an LV tie with huge LVs all over it. pass.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
tho I am secretly hoping you bring us a laurent ferrier one day
devil.gif

Off you go Frilly - drive up over the weekend in your rented Prius, and pick this up for under fifty grand. A mere bagatelle... :)

not all case engraving is ugly, but the OTT huge print engraving on that PP, coupled with the fact it was of the brand emblem, was horrid. it was reminiscent of an LV tie with huge LVs all over it. pass.

I hear you. That analogy has made me lean towards your view: anything with a label on it...well...I have this saying "label on the outside, wanker on the inside..."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hear you.  That analogy has made me lean towards your view: anything with a label on it...well...I have this saying "label on the outside, wanker on the inside..."

i love labels. love love love them. but i even i have my limites. and that PP crossed it for me. :)

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score

I usually admire PP but I have to agree with you. Pass, none for me thanks.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple new ones
arrived after months of wait
they please me greatly

Cushion case GP
sits perfectly on wrist and
less douchey than PAM :teach:

Central minutes on
chronograph make a **** ton
of sense; why so rare?

Vulcain has logic
to wacky dial, but only
Spock can understand

I'm no pro diver
so I don't care as long as
guts stay dry in sea

I dig the alarm:
Loud enough to wake me up
after party night

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Congratulations, Belli - nice to see some fresh ideas. I love the GP, and the Spock-watch is weirdly cool too.

less douchey than PAM
teacha.gif

Oh Stitchy? Derek? Where are you boys?
nest.gif

lurker[1].gif

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congratulations, Belli - nice to see some fresh ideas. I love the GP, and the Spock-watch is weirdly cool too. Oh Stitchy? Derek? Where are you boys?
nest.gif
lurker%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks dude, the alarm diver is heaps fun with its babe magnet function Obvs kidding about woman-ray, but GP does get looks; men, sadly Some PAMs cool but none compel me to kop — "teach" gif grants immunity :teach: Debating them gets old fast. I say: "Hooray for everything, nice strap."

Last edited:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Vulcain
Love the GP - no less douchey than a Rad (but IMO PAMS aren't douchey. Just people)

:p

Khal80

Reaction score
This thread is amazing...

Stumbled upon these forums while preparing for a wedding..

Hoping someone here can guide/help me choose a watch as a wedding present...budget is 5k

I have an omega speedmaster with the rolex steel band which I love but looking for a different look

Leather/skin strap something classic that can be worn with a suit or jeans

I dont care if its a designer name or not, as long as its quality

Any help or starting point would be appreciated

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was a wedding present from my wife's family. You'd need a discount to get it around 5k though It came on this brown which is probably a little more casual..
This thread is amazing... Stumbled upon these forums while preparing for a wedding.. Hoping someone here can guide/help me choose a watch as a wedding present...budget is 5k I have an omega speedmaster with the rolex steel band which I love but looking for a different look Leather/skin strap something classic that can be worn with a suit or jeans I dont care if its a designer name or not, as long as its quality Any help or starting point would be appreciated

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
^^ Nice.

One from left field:

Man-sized world timer on black shell cordovan strap, and should be well within budget. New in-house movement for nerd satisfction. The world time function makes it quite "businessman" and therefore suit-suitable, while making the dial more interesting and a touch less formal (I think) than a straight three-hander. The cordovan strap is black, which is formal, but relatively thick and masculine so wouldn't look odd with jeans.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cushion case GP
sits perfectly on wrist and
less douchey than PAM
teacha.gif

'Grats on the latest babies, Belligero. I especially love this beauty. Cushion cases FTW, not very common or as appreciated by others but wow, once you have one on your wrist it's something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads