1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Thought it looked okay with my old leather jacket

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Great example showing the Radiomir's versatility.

I have a possible watch purchase in the next several months and your pictures are giving me a lot of food for thought.

3. no frills

no frills Senior member

Did someone say navy croc?

[​IMG]

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

5 people like this.
  4. Cleav

Thanks rnguy

Frills, they did indeed and we can see why! Beauty :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

do it.

6. Cleav

7. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

I have a midnight croc on the way, and it would be my suggestion for the MUT moon. Obviously navy would be a close second for me. No ostrich and no cordovan for that watch IMO.

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Yep, I am with you on that one! Got to save for the prize at this point. Then, I can start to diddle around a bit.
    Yes, I think you are right about that. I feel like that is kind of how you feel about your now-departed PAM.
    I feel like this is become more and more analogous to women...
    Haha, I have got to say, I think that this is about the perfect way to illustrate my point.

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

+1, QFT.

I have got to agree. I feel like I am sorely lacking a blue dialed watch.

I have got to say though... blue dialed watches are tricky. It is really difficult to get the right type of blue. For example, not a fan of smurf blue, but love that DJ blue.

For you and Dino, I thought I would switch back to an old, not very loved around here combination. Although I love the black croc, unfortunately the band it getting too large for my shrinking wrists.

[​IMG]

10. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Unlike Dino, I like ostrich. Unfortunately I just don't think it fits with that watch.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Unfortunately, I am not in disagreement with you :). Not in agreement, necessarily, but definitely not in disagreement.

I don't hate it so much that I will stop using such a pricy purchase.

12. Cleav

Nuke it looks great :slayer:

For me it's gotta blue, then black

Though I'll take as is!

13. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Looked at this Glashutte Senator Automatic. I'm not too familiar with the brand. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

I'm not sure I like the "double bezel" it kind of has.

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I agree, it has to be the right color blue...I'm not a fan of the current blue dialed two tone, all gold, or white gold Submariners all of which I find to be a Smurf-ish color. But the blue on Datejust, a 5711 or 15202 are quite spectacular.

Great watch in the photo, but I'm not a fan of the color strap or ostrich.

While I appreciate that ostrich is very durable, its not for me. Ever since I heard someone with rather exquisite taste say, "Ostrich, it looks like leather with acne," I've just never been able to look at it the same way. But just because its not for me, doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

kind of. if not for the damn MD state taxes that i was billed with and the customs charge, i would have broke even on that. essentially i rented it for a year for like 500 bucks.

and if not for my spending like a moran, i would have kept it. though i think if i kop another panny it will be the 210.

its a lovely watch.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  16. Cleav

That's a nice panny ^

1 person likes this.
  17. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I think you are right! But thank you anyways, I have no qualms wearing it in its current state. When it goes back the the Maison in a year or so, I will see if they can get me a navy croc put on it.

I will take it :slayer:

And I am in complete agreement with you vis-a-vis the blue. Blue can be a bit cartoony in certain hues. Also, I am not *always* the biggest fan of blue sunburst dials. Blue is just tricky with me, even though it is far and away my favorite color.

And I can definitely see where you stand with Ostrich. It does kind of look like leather with acne. But by that same logic, I guess you could say that gator looks scaley? Or lizard looks like dermatitis? It is a slippery slope! For me, ostrich is just so incredibly supple. I find it substantially more comfortable than gator. Also, at least from CF, a gator strap is something I need to save for. The 21mm lugs on the MUT Moon have their drawbacks.

18. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Reverso + Ostrich = Win. Certain things were just made for each other, and I think that combo is one.

19. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Funny you say that. That combination was the impetus behind my gold ostrich idea. Somehow, despite having the EXACT same color scheme, it is much, much, much less successful. Maybe it is the white face of the Reverso?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

I think that helps. But the watch as a whole, the hands, the numerals, the case, the polo heritage, is just more casual. I'm not sure what draws me to that combo though, I just see it and love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.