• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beauty
A beautiful watch which was a present from me to me for my 40th bday. Still love at first sight. Omega Seamaster. http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/aqua-terra-chronometer/23110422106001
For you, Frills an often quoted image, but one that surely never gets old..
Why, thank you, rnguy001. I have not yet seen that picture of Charlize with her Rolex at the ball game. You just gave me another reason to peruse the world wide web for research purposes.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the carbon fiber and mesh straps look best on the Zenith. Mesh gives it a kind of neat vintage look. None of the leather straps really work for me.

:nodding:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has long been my favourite thread on SF, but I have never had something to contribute until now. My humble contribution is a Stowa Marine Original Roman received from my gf. Seeing the shots I took I realize that it looks massive on my wrist, but that's just the angle more than anything.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elfinstone - great looking omega

denning - LOVE that MO, i recently got into that watch, and really want one.

mans72

Reaction score
stitchy - agreed.

Which kind of begs the question: can Patek Philippe actually come out with a sporty, rugged, modern watch that befits their company's traditions, history, and market perception? I mean, even their "sportier" lines like the Aquanaut or Nautilus tend to be described more in terms of "classical" lines. In terms of annual calendars, the 5205 is probably the most "modern" piece I've seen them produce - but it ain't really "sporty" or "rugged" (as some users in other forums have tried to describe it).

It is arguable that Patek should just stick to its knitting and not even try to be what they are not.
completely agree. Others do this very well and I think they'd dilute their brand. Better to work on strengthening what they do best. Has worked pretty well for them so far.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has long been my favourite thread on SF, but I have never had something to contribute until now. My humble contribution is a Stowa Marine Original Roman received from my gf. Seeing the shots I took I realize that it looks massive on my wrist, but that's just the angle more than anything.

Looks excellent, congratulations! How large is your wrist? Mine are about 6.5", and I'm wondering if one of these would be too large.

Also, having a tough time deciding between the Roman and the Arabic....

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

******* love these. Ive never been interested in them until this past week or so. thats the exact configuration im looking at too. well done!!!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
The Stowa MO (manual) is large (41mm), and wears large.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Wow. Just wow. Charlize is up there (for me) in terms of just plain stunning. No offense to Kristen Stewart (and her fans) and all, but in "Snow White & The Huntsman" I found it laughable that the mirror would pronounce forecasts like Kristen eventually surpassing Charlize in beauty. Ain't happening IMHO, sorry.

Incidentally, since this is the Watch Appreciation Thread, I also found another picture of Charlize wearing that DSSD in the Lakers game. And it took all of my mental faculties to tear my focus away from her and notice that the guy right beside her is wearing an Aquanaut.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

You boys can keep the skinny stuff. And it seems Royal Oaks are for girls. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads