1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandy Wonka

Dandy Wonka Senior member

Breguet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. no frills

no frills Senior member

Well it's the start of a new year, and I suppose it's time for a mega-dose of frillyvolousness to start the year off right (mimo, as requested). For the past few months I've been obsessing over upgrading the cuff link collection, poring over various selections and checking the work of jewelers against what other jewelers claim they can make for me in a bespoke fashion (and attendant pricing). Much like my selection of watches I have decided on only a small handful; deliciously crafted from precious metals and with workmanship that can't easily be duplicated very well by run of the mill jewelers (I checked with many jewelers based in the US, Asia and Australia too).

Here is the first installment: Alhambra cuff links from Van Cleef and Arpels - onyx set in white gold.

[​IMG]

Think it complements my choice of the 3970P today just fine:

[​IMG]

More to come over the next few days.

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

3 people like this.
  4. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Frills, those Alhambra's look great with your 3970! Excellent choice...and nice Hermes tie.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

+1, incredible!

6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Thirded! Very impressive :nodding:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  7. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Anyone have any thoughts on the Rolex GMT Black and Blue? Been thinking about a beefier watch than my Nautilus and miss my Rolex...

[​IMG]

I can't decide whether I love it or hate it.

8. TC (Houston)

LOVE IT! It's stunning in person and on my wishlist. If i didn't have the SS Sub already I would probably have bought one this week.

9. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Its one of the few modern Rolex watches that I would like to add to my small collection. I have the last version of the Explorer 2 (a wedding gift from my wife) and this would make a great companion watch, perfect for travel, a bit more subdued than the classic Pepsi GMTs, and with all their most recent advancements (such as the parachrom blue hairspring which isn't affected by magnetism, the ceramic bezel insert, and the updated bracelet and clasp). I like the SubC, but the added timezone function of the GMT makes it more useful (as never go scuba diving or snorkeling). I do like the new Explorer 2, but the bezel on this will be better at hiding scratches and scuffs (and I do like the half blue/black bezel). It would also bring my Rolex journey full circle as my first good watch was a Rolex GMT Master.

So I say if you want something more rugged than your Nautilus, and the ability to track more than one timezone its a great choice. Go for it! [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Cleav

@akatsuki Dino just taught me that^ My eyes and heart told me it looks great and seemingly TC thinks so too :nodding:

11. TC (Houston)

It's really great, for all the reasons Dino mentions. I tried it on just for kicks while I was waiting to have my AP sized and instantly fell in love. It's a real stunner on the wrist. I would have traded my Sub for it but my father gave me that watch as a law school graduation gift and I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with it. I can't justify a Sub and a GMT as they would do similar duty and then I would never want to wear the Sub, which would be sad given the sentimental value.

1 person likes this.
  12. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I am biased but I think it is wonderful! The polished bits love little scratches though which is the only draw back I can find.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. Cleav

Looks great @jbarwick very good on you that :nodding:

14. robw

robw Senior member

+1

If I wasn't set in the Rolex dept I would probably get one. Love the blue/black bezel.

But seriously, if it isn't doing it for you, who care what a bunch of us here think?

15. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I love the BLNR but I can't for the life of me decide if I would rather go with that or the Sub LV as my next watch. Perhaps I could trade my Sub ND towards the BLNR and pay cash for the LV but part of wants to keep the ND forever since it's my first Rolex (not to mention aesthetically it's damn near perfect). Still though, I can't get this beaut out of my head:

[​IMG]

16. West End Closer

West End Closer Member

Thought I would post a few pics of my old watch made for Bulgari by Breguet... Interestingly it has both makes on the dial.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally one where it belongs... (on my stange red arm)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Wow. What a beauty. I would love to have a watch like that.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cleav

Looks great Will with the hand sewn split toe :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  19. West End Closer

West End Closer Member

If your talking about the Breguet Thanks tifosi!

I have pretty thin wrists so need a similarly proportioned watch otherwise I look like a complete idiot ;)

20. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

this.

---

great looking links, frillylicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.