• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnt want to make a new thread so I thought I would post here. What would you recommend someone who has $2,000 for a watch and wants something unique and good quality that not a whole lot of people own. That is either silver and or black and looks nice and clean cut.

I Dont like rolex's so please don't recommend those. Rolex's remind me of porsche's everyone seems to have one know a day's and I dont want to join the trend.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I didnt want to make a new thread so I thought I would post here. What would you recommend someone who has $2,000 for a watch and wants something unique and good quality that not a whole lot of people own. That is either silver and or black and looks nice and clean cut.

Longines Master collection - e.g. this pretty bicompax chrono

280-35-Longines%20Master%20Collection%202%20Chrono.jpg

Also exists in black dial, although not as hot IMO

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw Dopey post about his Minerva TZ Special so I thought I'd share the black dial version as well as some others.

Minerva TZ Special and Royal Oak Automatic.
1024image018xy9.jpg

Royal Oak Automatic
1024image021qf0.jpg

Minerva movement.
1024image015jl1.jpg

Reverso Gran Sport Automatic.
1024image013vu3.jpg

JLC Master Moon and Rolex Turnograph
1024image003ei9.jpg

JLC Master Moon
1024image009yq3.jpg

JLC Master Geo
1024image001dp2.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice watches. The Master Geo is the 38mm version, right?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Nice watches. The Master Geo is the 38mm version, right?

Yep.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read through most of this thread and am strongly considering the purchase of a nice watch. Does anyone have any knowledge or opinions of Mont Blanc? I know they produce pens/leather products, typically I'd stay away from a company that does not specialize in watches, however I really love the look of the watch pictured.

Any opinions?

The watch is priced in the 3k range retail.

montblanc36038bigxz3.jpg

Mustapha

Reaction score
have. So, forgive me for a repeat post, altho' it was over a year ago that I posted a another picture of this same watch. It's an old Breitling - made for issue for Iranian pilots. It's about 30 years old. The Sunglasses are Rayban Clubmasters.

P1000308-1.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads