The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I want to see more 'real life' pictures of it though. That is a pretty awesome Reverso, although I am not in love with the white side.

Question: I think I lost my moonphase pusher, is there anywhere I can buy more from? Preferably in bulk...

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

ooooh that is nice.

HOW DID YOU LOSE THAT!!!! :(

i would try ebay for starters. buying from a dealer could take a while. i find they are notoriously uninterested in doing replacement parts in a timely fashion. unless they happent o have an extra on hand. but it might be costly. try the dealer that sold you the watch.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. herragge

herragge Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. The bracelet is certainly one of the most unique parts of the watch. Best part is, because it isn't a Rolex, I don't get the added attention!! It also separates the enthusiasts as they will be the only ones commenting "nice watch."

Never seen a face like that in the OyPerp. Ice blue eh. Amazing.

Of the big 3 in this range, the Nautilus, Overseas and RO will certainly have their followers. I'm glad I went with my Overseas but love the others as well. Good choice with the PP5711 no frills.

Next watch has got to be a JLC. Love their Master Compressor as a sports watch and their Hometime watches are great watches. Incredible movements in them.

5. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I'm confused - there are three faces on that JLC - the one that says "Reverso" on blue, the one that says LeCouture on blue and has a small seconds, and then the guillouche with the 2nd time zone. I assumed the LeCouture / Small seconds and second time zone went together.. but I'm confused.

6. in stitches

the blue one with the small seconds that says "LeCouture" is a pic of the vintage model that this new one is taking its heritage from.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

Correct.

8. no frills

no frills Senior member

Bumped into Osvaldo Patrizzi at the IWJG show. We're all probably familiar with how he founded Antiquorum and helped build the Patek museum in Geneva; how he was ousted in 2007 and how he's still kind of mired in tussles right now. Controversies and intrigues aside, he was nothing but a gracious gentleman in my company, very knowledgeable and gave off no airs whatsoever. He's known one of the dealers with whom I do business for over 30 years and we exchanged pleasanties. But since I had browsed through much of his three volume work about collecting PPs: http://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Nautilus-Modern-Philippe-Wristwatches/dp/B0045RRZDE/ I kind of had to snap a pic beside him. Heh heh. [​IMG] Okay, I might look a bit serious in this picture but really, I was having a blast!

9. no frills

no frills Senior member

Okay - there goes the weirdly formatted sentences/spacing/picture insertion thing again. Whoa.

10. in stitches

lol batman. know we really know who frills is! i have read a few articles on that osvalso fellow. interesting chap he is.

11. no frills

no frills Senior member

Quote:I thought my SF avatar gave that away - and there I am wearing much more tightly fitting clothes!

12. in stitches

you need to change your user name to bruce wayne.

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

my trusty GMT

[​IMG]

14. Flake

Flake Senior member

Some watches look prettiest upside down. Like that one. Or my fave, the Lange Datograph (drool)

15. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

Breaking news from Basel: Rolex releases new McMansion-Dweller model

[​IMG]

Well, I hope not, but this 21 mm bracelet design is worrisome:

[​IMG]

It looks like there might be an update to the GMT, and I'm expecting a new Daytona version of some sort. Whatever it is, they're announcing the new stuff right now. While I hope they can curb their compulsion to embiggen every single model, I realize it's very unlikely with the recent oversized releases.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.