The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

its gorgeous.
    --
    marble - that GO is delightful, and yes, they do really well with asymmetry, agreed 100%.

2. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I really like Breguet's use of enamel, and the combination with the blue arabic numerals is beautiful. When I had this strapped on, though, I found the orientation of the moon display to be a bit odd, I would have preferred it off-center and angled. As well, that must be one of the longest PR hands I've seen... looks like another minute hand!

My favorite enamelled Breguet is the 5410 with recessed and offset seconds dial, which gives added depth. I only wish it were available as a manual wind with display back...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  3. apropos

apropos Senior member

Oh... you mean this one? ;)

[​IMG]

I'll have to mull over getting the 5140 another Breguet to keep it company for a bit yet. Personal rule - I never give in to temptation until I've thought about it for at least 6 months - e.g. I thought about Rouge for almost a full year before pulling the trigger. Has saved me from many a purchase that would have been sold sooner or later.

Thank goodness I'm not a teenage girl, would have a left a trial of frustrated high school guys in my wake.

4. davidel

davidel Member

My Breitling Superocean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lowbudgetsnob

lowbudgetsnob Active Member

Perhaps not the place, but how do I get this post into the Watch Appreciation Thread and not in gerneral Classic Menswear ? And the thread was added whilst at the WAT so why did it go Classic Menswear and not directly to WAT ?

jumping in with an old B & M
    lowbudgetsnob posted in this thread in Classic Menswear 3/10/13 at 7:10pm | 0 replies | 32 views
    last post
    |
    first post
    subscriptions: jumping in with an old B & M

6. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

7. in stitches

so, we bought this at work and i want it so bad. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I know there is a big price difference, and as Newcomer knows (so I will spare everyone the details) but the Lange 1 is a supermodel... the GO Pano is its less attractive sister.
    +1,000,000
    You know you want it....peer pressure...peer pressure. All kidding aside its a beauty! The more I see it the more I like it.
    Good thing you put them in their places! I might not have time to get there before the weekend to kick their asses and school them on the buy one Breguet get one free deal!

9. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I've liked that one for a while also. It might make a nice buy one get one free watch [​IMG].

I usually put a lot of time and research into any watch I buy. That way I know its something I truly want and which will be a good addition to my small collection. Its probably the reason why I rarely sell or trade watches.

10. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

Not a big fan of Breguet, but the thread has definitely been on fire with them lately. It's all good. Because, diversity.

stitchy - that's an interesting one... I don't recall ever seeing an IWC with both the initials in caps, and then also the full script written out like that.

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

[​IMG]

Guy, need recommendation for a strap for this watch. It has fixed bars so I'm at a loss for where to get a nice strap, preferably in the US.

12. in stitches

keith - i dont know anything about it, except it was bought an torneau. will investigate next week. :)

13. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

^^Cool. I love a good mystery.^^

Tough one, moo .... unless you're a ribbon/NATO strap kind of guy. Is it a standard lug width? 18mm perhaps?

There's some decent leather NATOs out there, but I'm not sure that's the look you'd be going for with that kind of piece.

Can't read the dial on that image, care to share? It almost looks like H. Moser and Cie to my lasik-corrected peepers.

14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

You got it - it's an H. Moser & Cie - it belonged to both my great granpda and grandpa, and now it was handed down to me a year or two ago.

It's just a hair under 19mm, so I would say 18mm is right. I don't know if I want a Nato - I would only get a leather Nato if I went that route. I would love an alligator strap of some sort (or just a nice calf strap). But I can't seem to locate anything I like. :eek:

There are the ones here, but I don't really like them and they aren't in the US. http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s181h175-Watch-Straps-18mm.html

Maybe this one? http://www.hirschstraps.com/CAMELGRAIN-Leather-Watch-Strap-in-HONEY-Open-Ended?keyword=open ended

15. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

So that makes it what? A Miss Delaware? A Spring Break Wet T-shirt contest winner? The girl who peaked in HS?

But in all seriousness, the GO Pano offers pretty fantastic value for an extremely attractive watch IMO. Frankly, on the moonphase, I prefer the dial layout on the GO to the Lange all else aside. I still think you are overly harsh, or at least were previously in the thread, on the GO. But I guess at the bar I was always chasing the more attainable cute friend who had borrowed her hotter friends top that night anyways. And who new that cute friend was hiding a dual swan neck regulator under her friends top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.