1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plk7

plk7 Member

Thanks - I actually had that Seiko, and then sold it several years ago. It's a real beauty, looked much more expensive than it was, and was probably the one my wife liked the best of the few watches I've owned.

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Ha, I bought one after I saw AlanC's original post. Still have mine though; it's my 'dress' watch.

Iirc, AlanC told me that Tan strap is a Hadley Roma, but I never got around to getting one.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. no frills

no frills Senior member

Well, she is not wearing a watch here. And nor is she the one wielding a knife. But a quick Google search of "Kate Upton knife" yielded this somewhat surreal video, where Kate gets stabbed by a banana in the CHEST:

[​IMG]

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I think she may have worn a watch at some point in this video. I THINK I see watches. Close enough?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. terrapen

terrapen New Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Connorh

Connorh Active Member

My 16613. Love it, but really want to try something else soon (like a 40mm explorer ii)!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Wearing this on a two day business trip. iPhone pictures so much better than Blackberry! Hehe. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. mimo

mimo Senior member

What model is this? Looks unusual.

And PP watches so much better than Blackberry watches too. But where are the hats, bro? :p

9. no frills

no frills Senior member

You didn't see this one from a few pages ago? Me looking like Oddjob from James Bond - except I think Oddjob wore a bowler hat.

[​IMG]

This one was from a few weeks ago, clowning around with my daughter in a playground.

[​IMG]

So that it ain't completely off topic, watch in the pic above is PP 3970J and, though you can't see it, was wearing Exp I 114270 in the pic at the bottom.

Not completely frillyvolous here; was on vacation in late August and apparently incurred some strange form of sun damage on my face. A somewhat shameful thing since I grew up baking in the sun. But maybe it is an age thing, who knows. Doctor ruled out lupus but advised hats. Hats, I said. Okay then, hats.

Although maybe the straw hat with the wider brim is really more what he meant versus the stingy brim felt fedora... [​IMG]

Not quite sporting a cowboy hat yet but we will see. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. mimo

mimo Senior member

Hehe excellent, yes I did see those. And Oddjob did wear a bowler. So did NickNack I think, who also sprung to mind (from "The Man With the Golden Gun"), who I believe also had some Pinoy in his veins.

Cowboy hat? Hmm. Maybe. I think the bowler would be fun, but how about a wide-brimmed fedora with those sharp suits of yours? I can see it. The ones so far are brilliant anyway. So is the 3940...and the 3970.... :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Cool hats Frills. I have thought about picking up a hat on occasion--one sure could use it in this suffocating Louisiana heat--but always stopped, primarily due to my age.

I am really attracted by Brent Black's Panama hat. If I wear a hat anytime soon, it will be something like that.

12. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Nice Sub. The Ex2 is a great watch, and gives you another timezone which comes in handy when traveling. Its also nice because although its clearly a Rolex, its not quite as recognized as Subs/GMTs. Something about the brushed steel bezel and people (other than watch collectors) don't notice it...it sort of flies under the radar.

Nice photo of the 3940P. I'm glad you upgraded to an iPhone so we can benefit from better photos of your stunning Pateks!

Actually, I believe Nick Nack wore a derby.

1 person likes this.
  13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

It's been 6 weeks and the love affair has grown to be stronger and stronger by the day. I was very worried I would have severe buyer's remorse but no such thing has happened. Plans to add a BLNR or LVc have faded as I intend on enjoying this piece for a while before I add another.

[​IMG]

:slayer:

2 people like this.
  14. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

bawlin - that's a contemporary classic for sure - glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Nice watches everyone! Always good to see a page full of things we actually wear in between the multiple pages of dialog.

16. wurger

wurger Senior member

Definitely, I gave the same feeling when I wear mine every time.

17. Patek

Patek Senior member

:inlove:

Talk about grails!

18. smk

smk Well-Known Member

Vintage Omega

[​IMG]

19. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Very cool case. Would love to see a few more photos.

20. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Anyone ever see a JLC Deep Sea Vintage Chrono or Cermet? Worthwhile or just go buy a Rolex?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.