The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Both are stunning. Congrats!

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Have any of the regular watch forum browsers seen anything like a 4+month wait on the 1931 TT Reverso brown cordovan strap? Anyone complain on the forums?

I can't tell if the salesman at Shreve is irresponsible, incapable, or fighting the system. His line was that 10/12, they were somehow delayed--arrival with stock black croc not a problem. I bought it 10/12 with this black croc, added an ABP.

Emailed 1/13 and he put a call into the "President of JLC." Was invited to Boston dinner with said President, but couldn't make it.

Currently believe his line when I bought watch 10/12 was that Fagliano mis-made some straps, so they had to produce extra and hence, the wait.

I would love to know if anyone's seen JLC forumites complain about this--or if it's a one-off, related to my Shreve salesman's unique capabilities.
    Thanks!

3. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Came so close to pulling the trigger last night (with the speedy pro looking on in the background)

[​IMG]

but like Dino said, I gotta worry about taxes...[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

4. dukerules

dukerules Well-Known Member

5. apropos

apropos Senior member

Take all the time you need, you don't need to rush this decision!! Is the USA TTR1931 really a "LE"? IIRC there was a number - 100 pieces - quoted and I find it a little difficult to imagine they still have stock lying around 2 years on.
    Hmmm, not noticed anything on the usual fora I've been browsing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

6. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

I remember hearing that too, so I was shocked to see it at my local AD

7. Suprageex

Suprageex Member

You guys'll remember me asking which watch I should buy. Well now, I made a decision [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hanskl

hanskl Senior member

Hey guys, first post in this thread..

My late grandfather left me a watch, and I have very little information on it. As far as I can tell the manufacturer is Junghans, but I have not been able to dig up much information on them on the internet.. On the box of the watch it says Starline.

Can you guys help me out with some information on this piece? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

It is coming NEXT WEEK. I think I will pass on the coma for the time being.

Well, 15k USD definitely makes it a fair proposition. Need better pictures to really compare though! Finishing looks more along the JLC line than the Dufour, Patek line. No anglage, which I am a heck of a sucker for.

The double escapement is definitely an interesting choice. I don't know how it effects frequency? The resonance aspect would be cool, but the balance wheels are too far apart for it to have to do with resonance (ahhh just noticed you mentioned that in a later post). And I find La Grande Maison's enamelling to be finer, in addition to Patek. This enamelling looks a tad dull. Once again, could be pictures :).

Only a week. And I have QUICKLY figured out just how impatient I am. It is embarrassing. I definitely am glad I have not gone the Dornblueth route yet. And I never think I even heard the option of two marshmellows...

I definitely think I will stop in to check out the Reverso's! I doubt I will be travelling with my watch though...

Of course, SF will be privy to the first wrist shots :).

Some excellent watches lately guys. Keep up the great work!

10. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

That Tudor is stunning! 1969-1971 or so Blue-dial Tudor 7016?

11. apropos

apropos Senior member

Oh, Dornblueth!

I very nearly ordered a Quintus, but Dirk informed me that the enamel dial option was no longer being offered*... I sadly had to pass as the enamel dial was what I had my heart set on... never settle, right?

*: the old enameler retired, and the new ones that auditioned were not up to scratch, so enameling is no longer offered. :(

12. JonF

JonF Senior member

There have been a lot of speedys on here the last couple of pages! Here are my two... [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

There are still a few Dornies that I would love to own. I stand by my statement that they are one of the best deals out there, in regards to quality, exclusivity, design, and hand work for the price.

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Although I prefer the Black, that Blue dial looks pretty nice.

15. no frills

no frills Senior member

Yes, that blue dial is a very slick variant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.