The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no frills

no frills Senior member

Not quite directly related to the thread topic, but I did want to share that I received this MTO today via Leffot (Gaziano & Girling Colcutt in vintage cherry / pin grain, Deco Last).

Thinking one must do the 3970 some justice when it comes to appropriate footwear. As Belligero might say, shouldn't put on the proper "movement" without the proper "hoof-ment."

[​IMG]

Action shots coming soon, paired with an appropriate timepiece.

2. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Not a fan of that shoe personally, but if you dig it, more power to you. But more importantly, invest in more shirts for that watch, less shoes [​IMG]

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice, I think these will do just fine.

4. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

So has anyone tried putting their Aquanaut on a leather strap?

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I haven't.

The rubber strap just works so well.

Besides it was designed specifically to go with the dial, and it just looks fabulous in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  6. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

stitch is that a peseux 7001?

7. apropos

apropos Senior member

Sure looks like a Peseux/ETA 7001. Stowa uses them.

8. apropos

apropos Senior member

Oh, and one more thing...

...remember this?

[​IMG]

...well...

[​IMG]

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

So expected! But nonetheless, absolutely gorgeous! Does it meet your expectations? I feel that no watch collection can ever be complete without a reverso. And that red Reverso is nothing if not muy especial.

10. apropos

apropos Senior member

Thank you for your kind words. It certainly meets all expectations, though one thing I did not anticipate is that it is a fingerprint magnet!!! No wonder they clingwrap the watch head in-store. :happy:

And I know, I know... I'm pretty terrible at keeping stuff on the down low, and I'm pretty hopeless at being a tease. No way am I going to no frills SF and drop a 3970J on the board out of the blue, I don't think I'm even capable of that though it certainly would be fun.

When I proposed to my now-fiancee, it was a complete non-surprise for her. As in literally everything, from the setting to the timing to the way I proposed and even the ring, everything was expected, a complete non-surprise. She stuck around though for the proposal, (very kindly) acted surprised and said yes, so I guess I must have been doing something right... heh.

I guess I just can't contain my excitement in the lead up, and stuff leaks out. :embar:

(that's not what she said)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

VERY nice, glad that it worked out for you. Wear in good health!

12. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Most likely. An acquantance has a Tiffanys watch of roughly the same vintage, with a power reserve and I think a date, and he said its powered by a Peseux movement.

13. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Congrats!!! Thats really beautiful. You are not making it easy to stay out of the Reverso E-Buddy Cub!!! However, until I finish our taxes and do a few boring things for the home, I'll have to be content with something like the one in your top photo [​IMG]. I look foward to hearing some of your ownship impressions once you've had it awhile. Are you thinking of getting it engraved? Congrats again...I love it!

14. no frills

no frills Senior member

Congratulations for everything! The red looks great. Am a sucker for red hues myself (for shoes in particular) so seeing it on a Reverso, and on your wrist, is very gratifying. Thanks for sharing!

Man, when I proposed to my wife almost 15 years ago she expected it too, and guffawed with much gusto when she caught me in the middle of preparations. She said yes, though, and she's still married to me despite the recent ramp-up in my spending habits on things like watches. Guessing it's all good... for now. [​IMG]

Congrats again!

15. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Congratulations Apropos, I love it:

Frilly, those are some wonderful shoes. But seriously, your nom de plume is becoming painfully ironic! There are not many frills more frilly than a top Patek Philippe multiple complication, and high class shoes made to order!

Tell me you drive a Prius. That would make you as boring as you pretend you are.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.