• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So has anyone tried putting their Aquanaut on a leather strap?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So has anyone tried putting their Aquanaut on a leather strap?
I haven't.

The rubber strap just works so well.

Besides it was designed specifically to go with the dial, and it just looks fabulous in my opinion.

Last edited:

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing...

...remember this?

fitpic_zps1a59ba3f.jpg

...well...

reverso-rouge-small_zps3b35b464.jpg

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So expected! But nonetheless, absolutely gorgeous! Does it meet your expectations? I feel that no watch collection can ever be complete without a reverso. And that red Reverso is nothing if not muy especial.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. It certainly meets all expectations, though one thing I did not anticipate is that it is a fingerprint magnet!!! No wonder they clingwrap the watch head in-store. :happy:

And I know, I know... I'm pretty terrible at keeping stuff on the down low, and I'm pretty hopeless at being a tease. No way am I going to no frills SF and drop a 3970J on the board out of the blue, I don't think I'm even capable of that though it certainly would be fun.

When I proposed to my now-fiancee, it was a complete non-surprise for her. As in literally everything, from the setting to the timing to the way I proposed and even the ring, everything was expected, a complete non-surprise. She stuck around though for the proposal, (very kindly) acted surprised and said yes, so I guess I must have been doing something right... heh.

I guess I just can't contain my excitement in the lead up, and stuff leaks out. :embar:

(that's not what she said)

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing...

...remember this?

fitpic_zps1a59ba3f.jpg

...well...

reverso-rouge-small_zps3b35b464.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
Congrats!!! Thats really beautiful. You are not making it easy to stay out of the Reverso E-Buddy Cub!!! However, until I finish our taxes and do a few boring things for the home, I'll have to be content with something like the one in your top photo
wink.gif
. I look foward to hearing some of your ownship impressions once you've had it awhile. Are you thinking of getting it engraved? Congrats again...I love it!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. It certainly meets all expectations, though one thing I did not anticipate is that it is a fingerprint magnet!!! No wonder they clingwrap the watch head in-store.
happy.gif

And I know, I know... I'm pretty terrible at keeping stuff on the down low, and I'm pretty hopeless at being a tease. No way am I going to no frills SF and drop a 3970J on the board out of the blue, I don't think I'm even capable of that though it certainly would be fun.

When I proposed to my now-fiancee, it was a complete non-surprise for her. As in literally everything, from the setting to the timing to the way I proposed and even the ring, everything was expected, a complete non-surprise. She stuck around though for the proposal, (very kindly) acted surprised and said yes, so I guess I must have been doing something right... heh.

I guess I just can't contain my excitement in the lead up, and stuff leaks out.
shog[1].gif

(that's not what she said)

Congratulations for everything! The red looks great. Am a sucker for red hues myself (for shoes in particular) so seeing it on a Reverso, and on your wrist, is very gratifying. Thanks for sharing!

Man, when I proposed to my wife almost 15 years ago she expected it too, and guffawed with much gusto when she caught me in the middle of preparations. She said yes, though, and she's still married to me despite the recent ramp-up in my spending habits on things like watches. Guessing it's all good... for now.
biggrin.gif

Congrats again!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Congratulations Apropos, I love it:

Frilly, those are some wonderful shoes. But seriously, your nom de plume is becoming painfully ironic! There are not many frills more frilly than a top Patek Philippe multiple complication, and high class shoes made to order!

Tell me you drive a Prius. That would make you as boring as you pretend you are.
lol8[1].gif

Suprageex

Reaction score
Guys, I'm in a pickle here. I'm looking for a new watch to wear besides my Seamaster Pro, and decided to go, seeing as I already own a diver, with an aviation-themed watch. I went to check out Breitling, but tbh they felt flimsy compared to my Omega.

I narrowed it down to these two choices:

SPM Co-Axial Chronograph, the 50th anniversary limited edition, 42mm, mechanical, from 2008.

or

SPM with a gold bezel & pushers, 38mm, automatic, from the 90's (IIRC it was made in '96)

I like the LimEd because it has a display caseback, it's a bit bigger & it's newer. The golden one looks better fit to wear with a suit/classy outfit though & is less expensive. I don't think one could convert the caseback to a crystal one though (on the golden one).

Any advice guys?

Last edited:

kungapa

Reaction score

iirc, all the co-branded offerings had the tiffany name and watch brand name on the watch face.

its maybe 39mm inc crown, not small at all on the wrist. but very dainty compared to the panny.

here is the inside. as apropos said, i imagine its ETA or something. no branding on the movement.

it is hand wound mechanical, not quartz. they no longer make this one, but i remember when they came out with it, i loved it then as i do now. i do not think its a co-branded effort, just tiffany and likely ETA. not a particularly fancy movement, but decorated well enough. i think it is a truly elegant watch. a beauty imo.

Movement is identical to my Stowa Antea KS, down to the placement of the screws. A Peseux 7001 or ETA 7001 (same thing, as ETA bought Peseux) as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads