The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Congrats. I hope wearing it brings you as much joy as the hunt did.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

holy mackerel. amazing.

3. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Holy hell. Should we just close the thread now? I am in love with that, superb choice!

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

this picture really should have a yarmulke somewhere in it. for authenticity.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Just an absolutely amazing watch! [​IMG]Congrats and thanks for letting us share in your excitement! Whats that 4 Pateks...not to be a bad influence, but 3 more and you will have one for each day of the week [​IMG] Just kidding! BTW Congrats on the wife's new time piece also! You both had a great week!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  7. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

My mom was an amazing baker and I grew up around them. If you are ever in the area around Purim, let me know. My wife has our family recipe and makes killer Hamentashen! Your PAM in the photo looked pretty tasty too!

8. in stitches

lol, maybe that will be my next prop. btw, i think that pic is my fave of the group.

thanks!

what area is that? feel free to PM me if you like. though i always stay home and have purim with my family, ya nevah know.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

do they travel well? can i kop via PM???

10. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

no frills, if I can add another comment....and really this goes for all of you forumites that have such KILLER watches.

Just a simple, but very *sincere* request: please, for the love of God, wear that motherf*cker.

Just wear it. A lot.

You researched it....deliberated over it.....eventually bought it....and now you must OWN it.

I understand you've got some other awesome pieces, and if you're like me at all, you are always going to have a "rotation"....some things in the watch box are more sporty/casual, others more dressy/formal. Which is entirely appropriate. Spread the love around....it's all good.

But please, please...don't be that guy that just throws that Patek in a safe. Or leaves it in the box all the time, afraid it may catch a slight "swirl" or scuff along the way. Life's just too short.

You were kind enough to share some pictures (which are great) and congratulations, again.... I really mean it.

But don't put baby in a corner.

All of you guys: if you've got a Royal Oak, a Nautlius, a Daytona, one of these awesome vintage Subs that get posted here....what many would consider so-called "grail" pieces....

Yes, take good care of them....I'm sure none of you would be so silly as to be reckless about it....but seriously, WEAR them. Enjoy them...on the wrist! As intended!

G'night.

11. MGLL

MGLL Active Member

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

Thanks, Keith T and other SF members. Oyes, I don't even own a safe.

Rotation allows almost equal wrist time on a weekly basis for all six pieces. Not bad, really. Although the 3970 will be worn two days in a row today and tomorrow... [​IMG]

Also, the wife rarely takes off her watches. Even sleeps with 'em. Heh heh.

13. in stitches

i could not imagine buying a watch a not wearing it. would be physically painful.

14. mreister

mreister Active Member

Congrats, Frills! Looks incredible! Wear it in good health.

15. NonServiam

NonServiam Senior member

I will admit to a certain period of babying after getting a new watch :embar: After that, every watch gets used. It helps that I prefer to buy vintage or at least pre-owned, they usually come pre-scratched as well :)

My Daytona and Master Chrono were both new puchases from my regular . The Daytona is now in regular rotation, never mind that the bezel is a scratch magnet. The rose gold MC is mostly used for dinners and occations, but the first hairlines and swirls have arrived.

My 16610 Sub has taken quite a beating, and looks all the better for it. The only watch that gets a yearly checkup ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.