The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

That boring ladies' watch of a Daytona would be a strong contender for me as well. RO/Nautilus would also be on the list for the hypothetical "there-can-only-be-one" situation. The theme here seems to be steel, which makes a lot of sense if durability and versatility are important.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

brilliant!

lol that you bought it before the birth.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

An excellent "helping her to push" present.

4. no frills

no frills Senior member

Yeah, the hobnailed bezel of my 5119 and 3919 helped give it a bit of the push I needed to make me comfy wearing it with jeans.

As for the Nautilus, I'm perfectly comfy wearing it with a white undershirt, jeans, and no shoes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MGLL

MGLL Active Member

Some of you may remember a little while back I was considering my first 'proper' watch as a reward to myself for finishing my Masters and had the criteria of a ss utility/tool watch that would look good in a suit, as well as casually etc etc I was debating a submariner/SD, Speedy, etc although it was the IWC Ingenieur 322701 that I really had my eye on!

Well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am absolutely delighted with it! I love the heft, exquisite finishing and sheer quality of the bracelet. I spent a considerable amount of time searching for the right one and finally located a mint condition example that was literally flawless :) It really looks stunning in person, a fact I was glad about as I took a bit of a risk purchasing this watch despite never having seen this exact model in the flesh!

Also in answer to another member asking if you could only own one watch, this would be my answer (although this is probably due to me being in the 'infatuation period'.)

[​IMG]

My friends who own a submariner (no date), speedy (the one that says first 'and only' watch worn on the moon) and Breitling avenger (seawolf) are all very jealous, and I must say, even if I had a choice, I would not consider swapping it for any of those [​IMG]

There is one problem though...

This is the start of something that I don't think I can control [​IMG]

6. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

Agreed--IWC makes fantastic bracelets. I have one on my Aquatimer and would love one for my BI.

7. apropos

apropos Senior member

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

This is the only watch I will be wearing today.
    [​IMG]

10. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Cool, looks interesting! I use to see this brand some years ago, but never bought any! I guess its time to take another look, thanks[​IMG]

11. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Nince! Looks good on your wrist! But before you buy your next watch, please read this thread in its whole entirety! Could save you some dissapointment down the road[​IMG]

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

That is the only watch I wore yesterday!

13. no frills

no frills Senior member

MGLL - congratulations, and wear that IWC in good health!

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Hey MGLL, Congrats! Great choice. Its definitely one of my favorite recent offerings from IWC. I'm sure it will give you many years of enjoyment.
    As for it being the start of something you don't think you can control...resistance is futile [​IMG]

15. MGLL

MGLL Active Member

Indeed, and the link removal system is just excellent! I was able to fit the bracelet perfectly with two toothpicks!
    Thank you and I know :(
    ant702, that is excellent advice apart from one small detail... I have already read the whole thread [​IMG] I did so prior to this purchase and essentially learnt everything I know about watches! Thanks to you guys I already have a grail list about 10 pages long [​IMG]
    thank you, I am and shall. Thank you for the excellent pics you have posted and you really have some stunning watches!
    Cheers Dino, much appreciated! Your posts in particular have made for excellent reading, you also have a fantastic collection - both past and present!
    I am very pleased with the choice, I particularly like the fact that only people that know at least a little about watches are aware of what is on my wrist, yet the wrist presence is undeniable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.