• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Panerai is growing on me.

=====================================================

The part below turned the story teller into the douche.
And back into his cubby he went, oblivious to the REAL world around him. He doesn't get it... The world is passing him by and he isn't even aware that it is happening. You gotta love life and embrace life, even if it means you have to wear a fake Rolex.

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pam is a top contender for my next watch. I love the design and the versatility of the straps. And the price point is decent.

My only watches now are a Sub LV and a Stowa Antea 365 - both purchased new. But I'm thinking second hand if I were to choose the Pam.

Other wish list watches are IWC Portuguese and JLC.

I learn a lot from everyone in this thread!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a watch similar to this IWC "Vintage" Portofino but smaller (this one is 46mm)? 18K, round, moonphase at the top, classic look:

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, the standard Portofino in the current line-up is "only" 40mm. Watches have gotten big.

http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portofino/IW3565/

Tell me about it, :foo:. I have a vintage IWC cal 89 (I'm guessing it's basically the portofino from the 1960s), and it's about 5mm smaller than the current Portofino. I like Breitling as well; I have 1 currently and about to get another one. They are some of the smallest men's Breitlings at 41mm and 42mm, yet they are still quite large. If they were chrono, they'd be larger/taller. Hopefully these brands will start dialing back the size of the watches. I think I like about 38-40mm.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick hello to you all - thanks to Dino944 and johanm for an always engaging and respectful discussion. Always learn something new from reading this thread.

Are you guys watching the Super Bowl? I am busy with business meetings in the West Coast from today through Tuesday, but for some mysterious reason all meetings ceased when the games began airing about an hour ago. :)

In the meantime, here's my 3940P keeping me company while I'm away from my family:

I know, it's getting a bit staid since I keep posting pics of just the same watches... BUT! Stitchy and Belligero, I may have interesting new pictures to share about a new addition to my small collection by Wednesday. Shout out to Dino944 for helping affirm my choice - I pulled the gun last Friday and am expecting a delivery by Tuesday evening... :)

I wonder if I fall into apropos' category of jeweled DD or leopard print Daytona owners, or Explorer I and no-date Subs.....

Interesting side note: guy behind me on the plane clearly a WIS. Notices my 3940P and holds forth on his collection (he was wearing a white dial AP RO and says he has a bunch of other watches; said he almost pulled the trigger on a Patek WG 5035 but got the RO instead). Nice guy, seemed like he wanted someone to talk to. He also liked my 3940P.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ look forward to hearing about any additions. yup, watching the SB ^^

Can anyone think of a watch similar to this IWC "Vintage" Portofino but smaller (this one is 46mm)? 18K, round, moonphase at the top, classic look:

sidebar - that is a beautiful watch.

From defunct Nom de Guerre. Circa 2008-09, IIRC

sucks for me. looks great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics