• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant702

Reaction score
very interesting. i have 3 watches and they could be classified as such. i wants moar tho.
Yeah, I did'nt want to mention it, but most Air-kings and date-justs could qaulify as casual 2! More than 3, your collecting! I have a friend who keeps everthing in a med. safe @ home! I have been there done that as well, 2much money involved! And the watches will begin to take up 2much space! Have you got winders? There ok, but you have the space problem again!

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 190 is a beautiful design with a great movement.  For me its size and shiny case would be the reasons I could not wear it to work.  At 44-45mm its just too big to not be noticed, by the boss or our clients.  Its definitely something I could wear on weekends.  For work I generally stay around 40mm.  I regularly wear my AP RO Jumbo 39mm, 38mm Cartier Pasha Chronograph, Cartier Tank XL, Vacheron dress watches, Rolex Submariner, Explorer 2 (old 40mm size), and occasionally a Rolex Daytona. 

Once watches get to be 42mm or larger they don't easily stay under shirt cuffs and they draw more attention due to size.  While our clients want us to do well, if a watch or car seems too flashy and expensive...they start to resent it, wonder if we charge too much, and if they are footing the bills for too many of our toys.  Its just easier to fly under the radar with more average sized watches (particularly ones with brushed surfaces).

Speaking of which, what do you think of this in terms of suitability (42mm, not my pic):

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow Stitch,
Very cool that the Patek pocket watch still has its original box and papers.  Sadly, with a very limited interest in pocket watches these days, even when they are from big names such as PP, AP, VC they generally don't sell for very much...just a few grand, unless they have several complications.  Still a very cool watch! 

yeah, i was very surprised too.

we spoke with our contact at sotheby's before completing the buy. we should make some decent money on it. :)

i'm a sucker for a pocket watch, and that one is gorgeous.

thanks! wanna buy it? lol. :devil:

Have you got winders? There ok, but you have the space problem again!

i do not. i enjoy setting and winding my watches. if i had an annual or perpetual calendar id consider it, but absent of that i dont find a real need, personally.

Last edited:

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
The JLC boutique at Raffles Hotel Singapore is closed. The next nearest one would be at Marina Bay Sands.
Anyway, flag ship boutiques do not exactly give much discount (if any).

This reply is in response to post#16666 on page 1112.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left is a PAM390. Same one I did the strap change on the other day.

Another shot of the 372 from earlier.

Cylon

Reaction score
yknow I dont really like panerais, but this is a great pic

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Left is a PAM390. Same one I did the strap change on the other day. Another shot of the 372 from earlier.
ahhhh, i should have noticed by the lettering. :facepalm: great shot of the 372. i wish that watch looked better on my wrist. a tad large for me imo. :(
Great duo. The 372 looks great on you
indeed

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yknow I dont really like panerais, but this is a great pic

have you looked at many in person or tried any on before?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, what do you think of this in terms of suitability (42mm, not my pic):

Its 42mm size makes it more wearable, at least it would be for me. However, I'm not a fan of the date. I find it detracts from the dial and overall design.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you looked at many in person or tried any on before?
For me, looking at PAMs is generally more enjoyable than trying them on. I think they make some great looking sport watches, but I've never found them to be very comfortable, so its a bit of a let down for me.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a common thing from Panerai followers (date gets in the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads