The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

CHRK33,

First, I'm jealous of your Reverso!

Second, unfortunately I don't know much about daytonas, but I think youll find better answers on puristspro or timezone!

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I echo Cyclon's sentiments. Dino may be able to help you out over here, but you may have better luck on TZ or TPP.

Also, does anyone have any feelings on the Blancpain Villeret Annual Calendar with Moonphase? I just realized that it is potentially in my budget, and it is always a watch I have admired... I cannot find a lick of information about it online though, unfortunately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And more pics: http://www.europeanwatch.com/16977.htm#_self

Also, as an addendum... I know this may just turn out to be a dumb distraction, but it is always good to exhaust one's options before making a decision.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:nodding:

i was never all that into it, i thought it was ok. and then a friend of mine got one, and i saw it in person. its gorgeous. love it.

and yes, by all means, get all your options on the table before you seal the deal.

unless you can afford to buy whatever you want whenever you want, that is. :)

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Yeah I heard Blancpain's quality is simply amazing. I would love to see more of them around definitely

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Unfortunately, I am definitely not in *that* kind of position, although I am sure that must be nice! I think I will still probably stick with the MUT Moon, but an annual calendar with a moonphase is a hell of a piece! Also, I love the fact that it has a 75 hour power reserve, and that you can change the date at any time.

Same here! There is a serious dearth of information available.

6. in stitches

it really is. so well finished, and so robust yet simple and classy. its a great watch. they are under appreciated sometimes in general i think.

7. in stitches

lol, neither am i. :)

and an annual calendar with a moon is also on my list. i think i will give the 5 spot on my list to that. definitely attainable.

8. McWu

McWu Active Member

Thanks. I stumbled on it completely by accident as well, and while it struck me as handsome at first sight, only in getting to understand it further (collaboration between Zenith & MIH, "affordable" in-house calibre with an innovative annual calendar requiring only 9 additional moving parts to the movement) did I really grow to appreciate it.

And then of course it showed up and it blew away my already high expectations. I think it's a very versatile watch (dresses up well with a gator strap and down well with nylon, casual leather, or rubber) with serious horological credibility.

:cheers:

9. Flake

Flake Senior member

That's a beauty. You will want to keep it on a winder or else keeping it up to date will be a pain. I have a Blancpain Leman Timezone, which is one of my favorite watches. Keeps great time. I am afraid I don't know much about the movement in that one, but can say that I have had great luck with mine being accurate and having no issues. I must say, I love the look. Nice face for an annual calendar.

10. Flake

Flake Senior member

If that's the watch I think it is, it uses the 6639 calibre movement. It's a complete calendar, not an annual calendar. I don't know much about that one, and can't seem to find much about it on the Internet either. No idea if it's a fully integrated Frederic Piguet movement or if it uses an FP or other base movenet with an outsourced modual for the calendar. My curiosity is now up!

11. Flake

Flake Senior member

I will never walk into Wempe again. Bad experience there. Awful customer service. Paladin has a good rep, but never dealt with them directly either. If/when I decide to get a Lange I will go to them first. ( first gen black face Dato is on my wish list )

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Wearing this one today.
    [​IMG]

13. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

I like this watch, but the squiggly line leading to the date has always bothered me.

14. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Go for the less complicated! Unless, you actually need the chrono feature! That 3-hand is an excellent dress watch[​IMG]

15. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Style and good taste, a true classic[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.