1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i wil not comment on the current situation, but while not uncommon, it is not on the reg that fakes are posted, afaik.

3. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

I bought that rolex used from a guy at my work who I know very well. I doubt it's a fake? But will do it tomorrow.

4. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

hate it for you man. ....buit, if i dont know for a 100% fact that im right, i wont argue a point too hard for fear of looking like a dumbass. but this is not a question to me. If i still lived with my roommate who owns that watch, AND if i had nothing better to do, id take detailed pics and show you the VERY obvious differences.

get your money back.

5. P-K-L

P-K-L Distinguished Member

Does he have any other watches inside his trench coat?

6. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks Derek.
    No.

7. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Let me understand this, you've posted 3 watches in this thread recently? The Bulgari is yours and you claim is 4 years old, the other you claim as a xmas gift from your dad (Hubolt) and a 3rd you claim you bought from a friend, right (the Rolly)?

So you and 2 other people all unknowingly bought fakes and the ones from the 2 other people made their way to you unwittingly?

Also, you claim to own an AP. Any pics? And what other watches have you posted here and claim to own?

Not saying you're lying, just trying to get the story strait because you have a pretty expensive collection and your dad buys you some pretty serious gifts.

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

Like derek said, hopefully you can get your money back.

To all the lurkers that is reading this thread. Don't be afraid to take your Rolex to an AD to get it check out.

If for some magically reason they refuse to check it out. You can always send it to the RSC. They will open the watch and see if your watch need any servicing or has any aftermarket parts . Then you obviously decline the service and they will ship back you the watch. They will give you a receipt with the serial number. From there, you know 10000% sure your Rolex is legit.

Another option is to take it your trusted watch maker. Tell him to pop the watch open and check out the movement. Also remind him to pressure test the watch.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

9. MZhammer

MZhammer Distinguished Member

Like others have said, I would also recommend you authenticate that because I have suspicions about the authenticity... Key in on the pearl bezel insert and the "Swiss Made" inscription. The spacing and relative sizing just seem off to me

Here are a few pics of a real Sub for reference
    http://people.timezone.com/mdisher/andrewb/3135/Rolex01b.jpg
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...ot-rolex-submariner-16800-r-serial-rolex1.jpg
    http://dimitar-dimitrov.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/VM_FOLIO_ROLEX_SUBMARINER_SM.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

those are tough to compare to his. the first to are 16610 subs....and the last one is is the new ceramic sub but isnt an actual pic...its a graphic design pic...not of an actual watch. He states its a CGI composite of a rolex ceramic sub.

11. hoozah

hoozah Distinguished Member

I bought this watch sometime in H.S. and it started to get vapor underneath the glass, so I took it in to get fixed and they chipped the glass taking it off (didn't realize until later) and so I haven't worn it since. I was wondering if it's worth getting fixed or should I ditch it?

[​IMG]

I think I paid around $500 for it.

12. Hayward

Hayward Distinguished Member

I do believe this thread is officially over. [​IMG]

13. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

Depends on how much you like it or what the cost is of fixing it. Maybe take it to get an estimate for the repair cost. I've seen watches where nothing was done even though their was vapor under the crystal and the movement had rust all over it...so it might be beyond repair. Good luck.

14. hoozah

hoozah Distinguished Member

I realize it's not the most expensive watch in this thread but it's also not the worst looking either :confused:

15. D M B

D M B Well-Known Member

Other than it's pretty ugly to me, I couldn't say. I have no knowledge of anything BVLGARI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.