The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Thanks Stitch

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

watch on wrist sure is pretty.

3. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

Welcome! Glad yall found it useful. I discovered it through SJX's watch blog. If you are in Singapore you should touch base w him.

let me know how you guys like it--I may hit him up for some other custom work

4. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

Very classy Orient...has that vintage look about it.

And the Sub LV is *just* different enough (green bezel)... sweet!

5. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

6. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

:drool:

7. dainese

dainese Active Member

Agreed. As the wornandwound reviewer speculated, by calling it the bambini.!

It's not to bad though. Dimensionally its not huge, but the clean minimal design and bezel makes it look bigger than is. But a few mm shorter would be even better for choice.

8. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Very handsome JLC!

9. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Nice Jaeger! On a whim, today I missed an eBay auction by a couple hundred bucks for a modern-ish Master Control Reveil Memovox, (141.8.97). Ended up selling for $3600, box no papers. Seemed reasonable as the MC Memovox seems to be $4-6k and I was keeping in mind what Dino said about the alarm function possibly getting old. So if I did tire of it, it wouldn't be as big a hit. :lol: Ah rationalization...

10. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

From yesterday, cross thread.. old school baby! Not on you guy's level yet with the baller watches.. my goal is a Patek Phillipe..if the wife lets me, lol..for now is this vintage beaut that my Dad passed down to me a couple years back..still keeps awesome time and only loses a couple minutes a day..and still looks pretty new..
    [​IMG]

11. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Cool dial! I'm sure its nice to have something your Dad passed down to you. If you are losing a few minutes a day get it serviced and regulated and it should keep great time again.

12. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Thanks...I've had it for a couple years..Gift from him after finishing my MBA couple years back..it is due to get serviced so you are right..I just like the pointer date style of this Oris..my dad did state that if I do my PHD then the vintage Rolex he has is mine as well.. not ready for that head ache though! lol

13. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Nice. Glad to see Oris get some love here. I like some of the Oris designs and the classic pointer date is one they do well IMHO.

14. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

Two of my medium-term grail watches side-by-side! :drool:

Do you prefer the Lange 1 or the Journe? I've always leaned Journe, but am now moving in the Lange 1 direction because of reliability problems I've heard of with Journe.

15. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Sold the Calendrier earlier this year. My only recent addition was the 15202 RO about two months ago, and frankly, it's been on my wrist for about 55 of the last 60 days. :D

I have a strong preference for Lange - designs with impact, technical prowess, fantastic wrist presence, obsessive built quality, superlative finishing and outstanding customer service. If I could have only one watch it would likely be the Lange 1 MP.

As for Journe, I think I may like the idea and aesthetics of Journe more than the actual watch on my wrist. I've owned and subsequently sold two (Calendrier and Chronometre Souverain), and as much as I enjoyed looking at them, I didn't actually wear them that frequently, oftentimes selecting a Lange in its place. One word on Journe quality - although I didn't experience any issues myself, both watches sold to two different collectors required factory servicing within several months of sale. While the experience frustrated me since the watches were problem-free while in my possession, both buyers seemed to accept factory servicing as an integral part of the Journe ownership experience. Having said all this, I suspect that the original Resonance may find its way to me at some point. There's just something magical about that watch.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.