• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.

Stitches, any leads? :D I could use another alarm clock.

Last edited:

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New strap. I like it! :)

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.
Stitches, any leads?
biggrin.gif
I could use another alarm clock.
The Memovox is nice, but not great in terms of practicality if you are a heavy sleeper. A friend of mine had one, said it wasn't loud enough to be truly useful for him. He also said it was a function that he ended up not have much use for, got bored with it and sold it in less than a year. I like them as its kind of an interesting piece of watch history, but after looking at them I just don't get excited by them. The only JLC that really captures my attention, you already own...the Reverso.

envgeo

Reaction score
The IWC Portuguese is a gorgeous watch. I need to wait till after bonus season, but its on the list. that or a submariner, a watch that has grown on me of late.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the older ones are obviously very nice, it's just that I'm not very fond of chronos in general. I'm pretty sure I'd never use the complication and I'm also mostly drawn to very simple watches. That said, I do like the Speedy, IWC 3706 + 3713 as well as the pre (or not) Daytona above.
Agree with you on the Datejust 2, which I actually wanted to like (if only to like something from Rolexes current lineup), but I much prefer something like this:
work1600swvk2.jpg
Love older Datejusts.

Laundry Troll

Reaction score
A store near my apartment sells vintage Rolexes and there is a Stainless Datejust that I've had my eye on. Assuming it was in great condition, what range of prices would be fair? It's a 1977 model.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A store near my apartment sells vintage Rolexes and there is a Stainless Datejust that I've had my eye on. Assuming it was in great condition, what range of prices would be fair? It's a 1977 model.

maybe 1.5-2k, depending on exact condition?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yowza. now thats a proper watch pr0n pic.

plot

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never really been a fan of the RO, but that pic makes me want to rethink my opinion...

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from Drake's thread:

Drakes_Grey_4.jpg

5512 inspired Drakes's tie

Whether you think that the idea of having a tie inspired by a watch is cool or not, that's a great tie and even a little cheaper than Drake's own. If I was in the US (and wore ties more often) I would definitely consider picking that up. Only 50 made.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what cameras are you guys using for these pics? they are outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads