• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate to say you are right, but you are right :(.
A Lange is a hell of a chunk of cash though. I think that I would be happy with a Pano, and not yearn for a Lange if I had one.

My Mother used to say, "sometimes the best is the cheapest in the end."

Yes, the Lange 1 is a lot of money! It's unique, it's top quality, its exclusive, and to many it's the best.

I have a friend who often buys less expensive alternatives to what he truly wants, even though if he saved up or stuck with the idea of quality over quantity, he could get what he really wants. Anyway, he has a pattern of buying the less expensive alternative, liking it, eventually being dissatisfied, then selling it or trading it toward the piece he really wanted from the beginning. By the time you figure in the depreciation and any price increases that occurred between the time he bought the substitute and what he really wanted...it would have been cheaper just to buy what he really wanted. He just can't see or get out of that behavioral pattern.

Yes, the Pano is a lot less than a Lange, but I could never be satisfied with a Pano. I'd always feel like I was with the Lange 1's ugly sister.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

b1ad0e9f.jpg

Missed this earlier. Very nice. My next next watch will probably be this watch, probably in PG.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only issue with magnetization was my wife Cartier Tank Francaise. She worked in a hospital and her department was near the MRI machines. We briefly considered getting her something antimagnetic, or letting her wear my Oysterquartz ref 17000, which is highly antimagnetic. However once they moved her department to another part of the building, magnetization was no longer an issue. I think if you wore a more modern watch you may have fewer issues even if its not specifically anti-magnetic. Short of the MRI department issue, ...phones, computers, etc have never affected any of our watches, none of which are specifically anti-magnetic.

I work close to an MRI machine and haven't had a problem.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I work close to an MRI machine and haven't had a problem.

Different watches and your overall proximity could have an effect on whether a watch gets magnetized. My wife had to have her watch demagnetized twice when her department was near the MRI department. Its been 7 years since her department moved to a different part of the hospital and her watch hasn't gotten magnetized since the move.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So my wife decided to do a spa/salon day and therefore I was left babysitting. What better way to spend the day than go watch window shopping on black friday? 

heh, i did the same thing. no pics, but i tried on the Skyfall Planet Ocean at the Omega boutique. i hated the last 007 edition, but this one has a nicely textured dial (supposedly inspired by a AM DB5 front grill) that makes it look truly remarkable

regarding the oversized comments, is this the XL case? (do they still have two different sizes of PML?) maybe going down from a 42mm to a 40 would do the trick for you

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, that is 40mm. GO consolidated their lines, kind of.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads