• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy **** — Omega wants twelve kilobucks for that!? ?

MSRP of 9,200$ US on the titanium Milanese bracelet, which translate roughly to 12,120$ CAD.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I genuinely dislike the helium escape valve and the skeleton hands on this entire line of watches...
Yeah, I hate the hands on this line too. In fact, more than the HE valve.

I'm not the only one! My only real beef about Omega's modern Seamaster line (well, since the 1980s) are the skeleton hands.

I don't mind the case shape, don't mind the scalloping around the edge of the bezel, don't mind the helium escape valve - but I just can't come at those hands.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s the first I’ve seen of the new Bond Seamaster and I do like the look of it. I suppose all dive watches are over-engineered now but I’m no big fan of the helium valve and I get the dislike for the skeleton hands but I could look past that. I think I’d miss a date function.
I like the new line of Seamaster Pro 300s generally, but I’m holding out in the hope that they’ll do one with a GMT function as they have done in the past. That would be my ultimate travel / beach / dive watch. The nearest I’ve seen is the Deep Black ceramic range on which I love how the GMT numbers are on the rehaut which keeps the dial from looking too cluttered. Maybe Basleworld 2020??

Southeasterly

Reaction score
I found the new Seamaster to be a regression aesthetically, but I like what Omega has done here. They seemed to have learned from the Spectre and embraced subtlety. That said, the pricing on this is absolutely insane. I thought they were already pushing the envelope with some of the previous watches, but this is another level. It’s not the titanium either, just compare it to a Pelagos.

I do hope that they release another GMT version soon. An update to the 50th anniversary GMT would seem obvious given how those are trading in the secondary market.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$9200 is just stupid at the price point you're passing over rolex gmts , subs, blancpain 50 fathoms or two grand seikos. Even when omega gets it right they get it wrong.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$9200 is just stupid at the price point you're passing over rolex gmts , subs, blancpain 50 fathoms or two grand seikos. Even when omega gets it right they get it wrong.
That’s provided you can even walk into as Rolex AD and get a Sub or GMT.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if you couldn't there are preowned pieces out there in that price range.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually kinda like it. It's definitely a huge step in the right direction vs. previous Bond watch, which looked like a 13-year-old boy designed it. I feel like Omega has about 50 ideas for every watch and skips the editing (especially special editions), though, that range on the spectrum of some good to extremely unfortunate. Inevitably, a few of the latter seem to often make their way through.

At a design meeting, I imagine 20 people sitting at a table brainstorming on Mountain Dew:

"So, how do you guys think we could make this Bond edition even more special?"

"...How 'bout platinum?"

"Big escape valve. Like a BIG one, so people will know it means business."

giphy (2).gif

"Bullet on the back! You know, like James BOND, right??! He fires BULLETS."

tenor.gif

"007 WRITTEN OVER AND OVER AND OVER ON THE DIAL!!!! HE'S A SPECIAL AGENT AND THIS IS A SPECIAL WATCH!"

"AN ALARM THAT GOES OFF EVERY NIGHT AT 00:07 YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THAT ANNOUNCES, 'NO TIME TO DIE!' THIS WAY, PEOPLE WILL BE SURE TO KNOW THAT IT IS NOT TIME TO DIE"

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha that’s also how they come up with the plots for the films:

“OK so he’s skiing down a mountain ...”
“Yeah then he punches out the bad guy’s henchman ...”
“Then straightens his tie ...”
“Of course, straightens his tie, then kisses the Bond girl ...”
“Yeah but is that the sacrificial lamb Bond girl or the one he ends up with?
“Hold that though I’ll get back to you cos there has to be a car chase here ...”
“With explosions right?”
“Of course there has to be explosions. BIG explosions ...”
“How about the car goes off a bridge and he quickly dons his scuba gear so we can segue o the scuba scene?”
“Brilliant! But where do we shoe born in the tuxedo scene?”
“Oh **** yeah we have to have an obligatory tuxedo scene - how about he wears the tuxedo under his wetsuit?”
“Brilliant - no one will ever think how completely impractical that would be. Now how do we get him to jump out of a plane?”
“Well he jumped out with his skis before he started the ski chase”
“Of course! Fellas I think we’re on to something here! Keep these great ideas coming!”

Also that was a good point above about the titanium - Tudor is turning out a decent looking Pelagos for about $3k IIRC and they are titanium.

Lumaca

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of faux patina but I think it works nicely on the matte bezel and dial. Overall, I think its a very nice watch...but like you I really wish they would used different hands.

Yes, my understanding is titanium is more difficult to work with than stainless steel. So that is probably the reason for the big jump in price. If you do get one, you know you owe us a wrist shot! :wink:

I don't buy the titanium=expensive argument. IWC are offering the Mark XVIII in titanium for practically the same price as the steel version.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't buy the titanium=expensive argument. IWC are offering the Mark XVIII in titanium for practically the same price as the steel version.
For sure. It's complete horseshit. ?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Miami for Art Basel week. Lot of steel sports Rolexes, as you would expect. Spotted a PP Nautilus on the wrist of one fair attendee.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same I have a titanium panerai and there is little if any change in price. I actually like the bond omega but at $9200 there is a lot of other watches I'd like to own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads