• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this in a Dubai shop window and had to try it on:
View attachment 1223321

Nice. I have seen this one online only. It looks cool but I prefer the standard model. I think the Arabic numbers throw off the balance of the dial a bit compared to the standard dial. It seems Bulgari has made quite a few special editions of the Finissimo auto though based on Instagram. I have a slight bias for the original titanium of course but I don’t think you can go wrong with any version. I tried the new ceramic recently and it was surprisingly legible.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also saw the new chronograph at the Bvlgari boutique:
View attachment 1223326

Sadly at 42mm, I found it too large for my tastes.

It does look a bit large in your picture. How was the pusher feel on the chrono? I wish Bulgari had used the same small hand that mimic the shape of the hour and minute as they did on the small second hand of the auto. I also think the seconds scale around the edge clashes with the essence of the Octo design but you can’t have a chrono without it. That being said, I haven’t had a chance to try it on in person so these are merely my impressions from picture. It’s amazing how different watches can be from photos.

dan'l

Reaction score
Nice. I have seen this one online only. It looks cool but I prefer the standard model. I think the Arabic numbers throw off the balance of the dial a bit compared to the standard dial. It seems Bulgari has made quite a few special editions of the Finissimo auto though based on Instagram. I have a slight bias for the original titanium of course but I don’t think you can go wrong with any version. I tried the new ceramic recently and it was surprisingly legible.
Although I am not of Middle Eastern descent, nor can I read Arabic, I like dials with East Arabic numerals for some reason. There’s also a limited edition version with the normal markers, but in blue. I haven’t seen it in person, though.

I also checked out the ceramic version:

DE888A82-9245-4B5E-A418-DF8EA1B9767B.jpeg

Nice, but the Ti version is still lighter.

dan'l

Reaction score
It does look a bit large in your picture. How was the pusher feel on the chrono? I wish Bulgari had used the same small hand that mimic the shape of the hour and minute as they did on the small second hand of the auto. I also think the seconds scale around the edge clashes with the essence of the Octo design but you can’t have a chrono without it. That being said, I haven’t had a chance to try it on in person so these are merely my impressions from picture. It’s amazing how different watches can be from photos.

You know, funny enough I totally didn’t think of playing with the chronograph function! They pulled it out of the back and unwrapped it, so I didn’t even wind it, just strapped it on to gauge the size.

Also, they made it sound as if the auto with East Arabic numerals is limited somehow, but the Bvlgari boutique had one too:

459C684F-336B-4690-9794-ACD11B585F67.jpeg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I am not of Middle Eastern descent, nor can I read Arabic, I like dials with East Arabic numerals for some reason. There’s also a limited edition version with the normal markers, but in blue. I haven’t seen it in person, though.

I also checked out the ceramic version:

View attachment 1223387

Nice, but the Ti version is still lighter.

For some reason I thought the blue marker version was an Italian edition of 600 but I saw one in an AD in Tokyo recently so maybe that is not the case. It gave the watch a more youthful look perhaps. Grey and blue make a great combo. I like the normal black markers better. But it was a close call. I can see why the blue one is quite popular.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

That ceramic version looks really cool in the hands-on pic. Not a lot of visual contrast there I suppose, especially when compared to the titanium. But hell, you're not really gonna buy either one of those watches with "legibility" being at the top of your selection criteria.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my Citizen Chronomaster packed away in my watch roll for a week or so and pulled it out last night to set it with my clothes for today. As soon as I pulled it out of the watch roll the hands started spinning to reset the time.

No real commentary but I just thought it was cool to see that in action.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Icy.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bicompax ♥

onehotchili

Reaction score
picked this up last week and been breaking it in this weekend skiing in Tahoe and watching my daughter race in the rain. i know some folks don't care for this particular Patek, but i really enjoy how understated and comfortable it is. for my active lifestyle, it is just about perfect. i did sell a couple of Rolexes to make it happen.... but i am pretty content for awhile being a 1 watch guy with this one as my daily. although i can definitely see far down the road of wanting to add another Patek :)

I haven't been on this forum in quite a while and have been out of the watch hobby as well. Just been too busy with life, family, etc. In any case, I've been catching up on recent Steel Patek related events and can't believe how much the prices for the Aquanaut and Nautilus have gone thru the roof?!?!. My 5167 was a treat to myself for starting and selling my software company so I could never flip it into another grail, but it is sure tempting.... Anyhow, I still love my 5167 and wear it as my daily (along with an Apple Watch when I run or go to the gym). I just hope my current startup is as successful as my first so I can celebrate with another PP :)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on this forum in quite a while and have been out of the watch hobby as well. Just been too busy with life, family, etc. In any case, I've been catching up on recent Steel Patek related events and can't believe how much the prices for the Aquanaut and Nautilus have gone thru the roof?!?!. My 5167 was a treat to myself for starting and selling my software company so I could never flip it into another grail, but it is sure tempting.... Anyhow, I still love my 5167 and wear it as my daily (along with an Apple Watch when I run or go to the gym). I just hope my current startup is as successful as my first so I can celebrate with another PP :)
If not as successful, sell your 5167. That could provide some funding for living expenses for a couple of months.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luckily VC valuations atm are as stupid as SS watch prices so just liquidate a little during your next raise :D

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Know the feeling. I was looking at 5711-1As and couldn't believe the multiple of original MSRP achieved...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads