• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's going price on a milgauss with the orange hand and white face? I love how dorky they are.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looking at Watchrecon and Chrono24, there seem to be quite a number out there for prices ranging from US$5,500 to $7,000. Much more choice if you're willing to look at the black- or blue-dial models.

Chrono24 also has a few listings for 1970s Milgauss watches. They weren't very popular back then, so as a result there aren't that many floating around nowadays and the rarity has resulted in pretty high prices - the vintage models seem to go for US$30,000 and up!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a Milguass, relatively new, in the wild last week for maybe the first time. I was standing in line for my takeaway lunch and the guy in front of me was wearing one. I was actually really surprised to see it. I'm not a fan, but they certainly have a following, apparently.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a Milguass, relatively new, in the wild last week for maybe the first time. I was standing in line for my takeaway lunch and the guy in front of me was wearing one. I was actually really surprised to see it. I'm not a fan, but they certainly have a following, apparently.

They've grown on me, to the point where I was considering one to wear as a daily beater. Unfortunately, the Daytona-sized case is a bit small for me as I prefer the 40mm proportions of something like a Sub or GMT much more. Still a cool watch though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They were initially a big deal when re-released, and people went crazy for the one with the green crystal. However, until the recent Rolex sport watch shortage, they were one of the sport watch/professional models that dealers seemed to always have every version in stock. Even now, with the shortage, I've seen one or two at dealers from time to time.

The only one I've seen in the wild recently was a blue dial Milgauss on a guy at a restaurant.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looking at Watchrecon and Chrono24, there seem to be quite a number out there for prices ranging from US$5,500 to $7,000. Much more choice if you're willing to look at the black- or blue-dial models.

Chrono24 also has a few listings for 1970s Milgauss watches. They weren't very popular back then, so as a result there aren't that many floating around nowadays and the rarity has resulted in pretty high prices - the vintage models seem to go for US$30,000 and up!

Cool sounds right based on what I saw too.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've grown on me, to the point where I was considering one to wear as a daily beater. Unfortunately, the Daytona-sized case is a bit small for me as I prefer the 40mm proportions of something like a Sub or GMT much more. Still a cool watch though.
Ah, I think they're pretty cool, especially in the version with the blue sunburst dial and green crystal. Definitely not something you see every day, either.

Maybe give it another try sometime; I find that between the fat double case at a true 40 mm vs. the Daytona’s 38.5 and the larger dial diameter, it wears noticeably bigger than the Sub/GMT. :)

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Agreed, it wears more like a 42mm watch in my brief, try-it-on-at-the-AD experience.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My business watch is in. As I’m dressed very casually right now, I’ll wait until tomorrow for a couple of photos.
View attachment 1211341
6FA1592F-44F5-4C5D-B8E3-C5A4BC14160C.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats ! Looking forward to some wrist shots...:lurk:

an draoi

Reaction score
They were initially a big deal when re-released, and people went crazy for the one with the green crystal. However, until the recent Rolex sport watch shortage, they were one of the sport watch/professional models that dealers seemed to always have every version in stock. Even now, with the shortage, I've seen one or two at dealers from time to time.

The only one I've seen in the wild recently was a blue dial Milgauss on a guy at a restaurant.
On this side of the water, the Millie is the only SS prolex one finds at dealers. I see them more often than not when I pop into an AD. The Bigly Shortage notwithstanding, they (and the Yotties) don't seem to be any more sought after than the panoply of Deejays and Opies that languish unloved in the display cabinets.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@brax
I would probably remove the first pic asap. Your full name, adr. of you and the sender is on full display. If you are the Fernando B. i think you might be, then it will be wise to hide that fact also.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On this side of the water, the Millie is the only SS prolex one finds at dealers. I see them more often than not when I pop into an AD. The Bigly Shortage notwithstanding, they (and the Yotties) don't seem to be any more sought after than the panoply of Deejays and Opies that languish unloved in the display cabinets.

Yes, Yachtmasters aren't that hard to find at ADs I've visted...I've seen as many or more than I've seen Milgausses recently.

pmeis

Reaction score

My brother picked up the blue one pretty soon after they were announced. For about the first year or so the blue one was somewhat hard to get and trading at a bit of a premium...similar to trying to get a BLNR before the SS market really started blowing up. That was his first Rolex, but had purchased a couple Breitlings from the same dealer about a year before and they ended up getting him the second one that they received.

Its held up pretty well and I think its really amazing in person. Definitely catches the eye.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@brax
I would probably remove the first pic asap. Your full name, adr. of you and the sender is on full display. If you are the Fernando B. i think you might be, then it will be wise to hide that fact also.
Thanks. Good catch. First picture has been deleted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads