• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random side note: Wei's unique Cartier cintree is really nice. AFAIK he also has an interesting cabinotiers VC.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Almost forgot to wear this today.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out a bunch of Rolex and Patek today. The 34mm and 36mm Rolex looked way better and bigger on my wrist than I expected because of the case shape...and this is coming from a panerai-whore.

I've always stayed away from Rolex because I feel like a lot of guys, especially my age, pick them up to flex (not much of a flex lulz) so I've avoided them in order to prevent myself from sending the wrong message. Will probably get a vintage tropical dial eventually but meantime I ended up picking up this awesome IWC today at a great price. No box/papers and beat up a bit which is exactly what I wanted in a watch I can wear every day without worrying much. Price was better than anything I've seen online so...

Attachments

• 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190720144630748.jpg
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190720144630748.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 75

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I'd like to think that some of those 321 movements will make their way into steel cases at some point.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think that some of those 321 movements will make their way into steel cases at some point.
That’s the rumor. 321 will be limited to about 2000 pieces a year so there’s no way Omega can sell 2000 platinum Speedmasters a year.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C: Sports coat or business-casual: Nothing to fill this niche yet.
D: Business watch: Should be here early this week.
E: Formal social evening events: PP 5153G. I like to wear light colored dials at night and dark ones during the day. This has an officer’s case which has a heritage of being a converted pocket watch thus the lugs look like they do. To me, the face is understated and classic without being boring with the guilloche center. I wish it didn’t have a date but it does. It is 38 mm which suits my wrist well.

127B80DB-769B-4792-BC43-82125D701B3D.jpeg

Last edited:

an draoi

Reaction score
E: Formal social evening events: PP 5153G. I like to wear light colored dials at night and dark ones during the day. This has an officer’s case which has a heritage of being a converted pocket watch thus the lugs look like they do. To me, the face is understated and classic without being boring with the guilloche center. I wish it didn’t have a date but it does. It is 38 mm which suits my wrist well.

View attachment 1210281
Gissa clue for the incoming D...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out a bunch of Rolex and Patek today. The 34mm and 36mm Rolex looked way better and bigger on my wrist than I expected because of the case shape...and this is coming from a panerai-whore.

I've always stayed away from Rolex because I feel like a lot of guys, especially my age, pick them up to flex (not much of a flex lulz) so I've avoided them in order to prevent myself from sending the wrong message. Will probably get a vintage tropical dial eventually but meantime I ended up picking up this awesome IWC today at a great price. No box/papers and beat up a bit which is exactly what I wanted in a watch I can wear every day without worrying much. Price was better than anything I've seen online so...

I love this piece and have one of these on my extended list of watches to buy. Well done and I hope you enjoy it. What are these trading for these days?

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this piece and have one of these on my extended list of watches to buy. Well done and I hope you enjoy it. What are these trading for these days?

On WatchPatrol (scours all forums) seems to be 3500 to 4800 depending on config?

I wouldn't buy one on the higher end of that purely because they do use an ETA movement. Nothing wrong with ETA movements but the price gets hard to justify at that point.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really down with all of the ridiculous rings he wears though. It's a little much for my taste.

The whole ring thing is also my gripe with Nicholas Foulkes (who’s writing I really enjoy). Too much.
I wouldn't presume to talk for Wei Koh, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give a damn what you think.
Guess I’m too traditional. Guys only look good wearing wedding bands and maybe school rings if they went to a military academy. Anything else warrants a raised eyebrow and initial sense of distrust from me.
Well, then, you better not trust me. You wouldn't like my wedding band and you sure as heck won't like the bracelets that I wear every day. And frankly, I've never understood this whole school ring nonsense.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1210281

Looks fantastic on your wrist. I am a big fan of watches like this. It’s got the brand DNA but a few atypical details that make it a classical model without losing the essence of the brand. A great watch for those not slavishly obsessed with the past. I think the date here is not a blemish like on say the 5296.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't presume to talk for Wei Koh, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give a damn what you think.

Well, then, you better not trust me. You wouldn't like my wedding band and you sure as heck won't like the bracelets that I wear every day. And frankly, I've never understood this whole school ring nonsense.

Chill bro. You might be more sensitive than Foo. Way to take it to the next level of internet trust. StyleForum brotherhood all the way.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't like my wedding band and you sure as heck won't like the bracelets that I wear every day. And frankly, I've never understood this whole school ring nonsense.
Well, all personal preference of course. The academy rings are amusing but meaningless outside of certain small communities. I don't have one myself.

I prefer the acerbic, somewhat ironic, yet pointed advice of the GS Elevator dude:
  • Wedding rings, watches, and cufflinks are the only acceptable form of jewelry for a man. Unless the Dalai Lama gave you that bracelet, leave it at home.

• The only thing worse for a woman than meeting a guy she likes with a ring on his wedding finger is meeting a guy she likes with a ring on any other finger.
Cheers!

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, all personal preference of course. The academy rings are amusing but meaningless outside of certain small communities. I don't have one myself.

I prefer the acerbic, somewhat ironic, yet pointed advice of the GS Elevator dude:
  • Wedding rings, watches, and cufflinks are the only acceptable form of jewelry for a man. Unless the Dalai Lama gave you that bracelet, leave it at home.

• The only thing worse for a woman than meeting a guy she likes with a ring on his wedding finger is meeting a guy she likes with a ring on any other finger.
Cheers!

I hope Fok doesn’t allow this sort of toxic masculinity (or femininity, the internet is gender neutral after all and I would hate to offend) on the StyleForum. I for one am not offended but someone else might be like that Andy57 fellow so I am standing up for him (virtually of course). So by extension I am actually offended. But I do like his (Randy57’s to be clear) watches. They are very nice and tasteful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads